Thread: DLA low rate mobility - CHILD

removed

DLA low rate mobility - CHILD

Hi,

I have a quick question that was recently asked by a friend if I knew the answer. She has a 13 year old boy with ADD and she wanted to know if the unfamiliar journey test that applies to DLA adult applicants was the same test for a child applicant.

If anybody can be of any help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

On top of the adult requirements for the lower rate Mobility component (the "unfamiliar journey" test), the child must:
    • require substantially more guidance or supervision from another person than children of their age in normal physical and mental health would require, or
    • need guidance or supervision that children of their age in normal physical and mental health would not require

removed
    Thank you Flymo!! I'll let her know what you have said.