Thread: Wheelchair-attached stroller

Wheelchair-attached stroller

Hey guys,

I am currently working on design project where i intend to design and develop a child stroller that is attached to the wheelchair. The stroller will be attached to the front rigging of the wheelchair and will consist of an aluminium tube with a bar used to adjust the height of the baby seat. The design will not contain any wheel as the front wheels on the wheelchair should be enough to propel the wheelchair.

Is this product that wheelchair users with children desire?

I would appreciate it if you could give feedback on your experience of carrying/transporting a child while sitting in a wheelchair by completing a survey.

Link

https://www.quicksurveys.com/s/c4G9Fzp

Thanks

What is the meaning of disability?

Hi Guys,

Could you please describe what it means to have a disability in one sentence.

Also if you are a wheelchair user could you also tell me what it means to have a wheelchair in one sentence as well. Thanks

There isn't an easy sentence to describe as you are using the Medical Model of disability, which views disability as a 'problem' that belongs to the disabled individual.

Most people on here will describe themselves using the Social Model of disability, the world around us are the disabling factors and not our bodies, those steps are the barrier not the fact I can't climb them.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs