Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offered a Bungalow!!!!

Offered a Bungalow!!!!

Great news!!!

Have just had a call to offer us a 2 bed bungalow.

We are going to look at it next Monday afternoon. It is in the area we need to be nearer family etc. The lady said it is ready to move into, but we have to give 4 weeks notice to the council for our current property. I am hoping the new LHA will wait for that long.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    Great news!!!

Have just had a call to offer us a 2 bed bungalow.

We are going to look at it next Monday afternoon. It is in the area we need to be nearer family etc. The lady said it is ready to move into, but we have to give 4 weeks notice to the council for our current property. I am hoping the new LHA will wait for that long.
    Congratulations!! So happy for you I hope it is *finally* the right property for you!

Thank you Flower.

I have googled the bungalows and they look lovely, set on a green on their own, away from the road. It has a level access shower which will be a godsend, and no stairs!!!!
    I have to be honest, I did not think we would be offered something this quick, but their were only 9 applicants, so we are over the moon.
    Just hope it is what we need when we go to have a look.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Great news .........

Thanks deebee x
    (20 character thingy, lol)

Yeah thats great news Babyblue hope it's what you want when you see it xx

Thanks acheron.

For starters, it has the 2 bedrooms we need. Its near the family, local doctors, bus routes and local shops. No stairs, big, big plus point, lol. Level access shower, which is brilliant.
    The area is nice so thats another plus.
    It is just a matter of room sizes really. Need space for table and chairs as I have to eat at the table. As long as the 2nd bedroom will take at least a single bed, then thats fine. Other than that, there is not much else we need. (although, I am thinking of getting a scooter to give me a bit more independence, so space for that would be another plus).
    Oh dear, I do sound fussy, but this would be my last move, so it has to be right.

sounds great BB now fingers crossed the table will fit and you don't sound fussy at all xx

It sounds lovely, hope the rooms are big enough. Whereabouts in staffs, in the country? Some lovely areas around the county.

At the moment we are in Stoke. The bungalow is in Kidsgrove, which is where all the family live. From my in-laws you can see the chesire hills, very pretty.
    The bungalows are set in a sort of circle on a green. They look like there is a gate to access the back way, so I would imagine no-one can get round the back unless they are residents. I like that idea, where we are now has a back alley and we get groups congregating, making noise etc. The bungalows are for over 55's, (I am not quite there yet, only 50, lol) so should be quiet.
    There is a small service charge per week, which I think covers garden maintenance at the front of the bungalows as they are not fenced, separate gardens. They have their own back gardens though which is good as we have a dog.
    Our current house has a huge kitchen but a very small lounge, so I am hoping the bungalow has a bit smaller kitchen and bit bigger lounge. That would work better.
    Also, I am hoping as it has a level access shower that there might be a bit more room in the bathroom. That way I could use my perching stool at the sink which I cannot use at the moment as the sink is almost touching the toilet and slightly overhangs the bath!
    Oh dear, I seem to be adding more and more to the wish list, lol.