Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Housing, and that bedroom tax!

Quote Originally Posted by angel2k13 View Post
    Thankyou i feel awful as this sites been so helpful and supportive to me and the 1st chance i get to offer advice i mess it up.
    I'm the elusive g/f in this case and angel12k13 did not mess up, but was not in full possession of the facts. The prospective household would be me (MS), my adult son and TheFlyingKidney (home haemo) which requires a SePERATE room. Call it a bedroom or conservatory or very large shed, but all of those are rare. RENTED accom cuz we are both on DLA and ESA. My son is employed now but contract ends next month. So i'm hardly going to make him homeless! Storage for home haemo is HUGE and lots and lots of large heavy boxes.
    We went to LA with masses of medical evidence, were refused HB for 3 bed, appealed, refused again. Thats is the LAW as it stands. Yes there have been appeals but all of these in different LA's.

Sounds like you've covered all the available options so far. So would probably depend on how much you want to live together and whether you can manage to cover the extra someway or other until perhaps a law or you get a council decision in your favour. Sometimes instead of seperate outgoings when living together it's less expensive on phone, internet, utility etc which might help make any shortfall.

well @seriouslyfedup.....sounds like how i feel! ..........we know this and at present I am in a 2 bed with my adult son so HB covers rent.
    to get a 3 bed we have to go private rented. we aren't even considered for more than 2 bed on the La scheme.
    The gap is about a £100 in realism (thats the RENT we're talking about so yeah we could afford it IF we didn't eat.
    He is already considering uprooting a secure healthcare system to move out of family home, so "how much" is pretty much!
    Why? cuz prices and lists so much better in Shropshire than London. Yep I could go there but I'd be dead by the time we got anywhere.
    I'll just return to the Power of Prayer. Can't do any harm!