Thread: Change of Circumstances DLA & migration to PIP as from October 2013.

Change of Circumstances DLA & migration to PIP as from October 2013.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a change of address from October 2013 to today's date of March the 18th 2014 and has been moved from DLA to PIP because of this change in circumstances.

I basically want to move from one address to another. If I do so I will have to inform the DWP of my new address. I am worried that if I do this I will have my DLA cut and have to apply for PIP rather than wait for the mandatory change in October 2015.

A good majority know that PIP claims are taking 6 months or more to process and people are being left without part of their income. I want to postpone this as far as possible but it's that and living in a home which isn't safe to live in.

So anyone had this experience? If so please tell me how it went.

A change of address isn't considered a 'change of circumstances' in as much to affect your benefit, still be sure to inform them about though.

hi i recently changed my address and it has not triggered anynchange at all

Grandson moved addresses on 1st Mrch 2014 he is in receipt of ESA sg also DLA indefenite, no problems have shown up as yet.

As Jard and others have said, a change of address is not a change of circumstances so will not trigger reassessment to PIP.

However, if the changed features of the new property alter the care needs, that might become a change of circumstances and could trigger 'natural reassessment' to PIP in areas where that system is active.