Thread: Filling in PIP form on behalf of partner

Question Filling in PIP form on behalf of partner

Hello,
    I am filling in the pip form on behalf of my partner as she finds it difficult now to do tasks like this.
    I was hoping someone would be able to clarify something for me.

As I am writing this for her do I write it using "I" as if it is her who is writing this or do I write it in third person?

When I got my DLA form filled out by Welfare Rights they used "I" as if I was writing the form. Your partner has to sign it anyway. If it was me I would just use "I"

If your partner is mentally and physically capable of signing for herself, it matters little that you are recording her answers for her. In these circumstances it's clearly appropriate to use the first person (I and me).

If you or someone else will be signing on her behalf, it's up to you what convention to use, so long as you make it clear to the reader. You could write in the first or third person. The instructions say "If you're filling in this form for someone else, tell us about them, not you".

If you haven't found it already, you may find the information and links in the sticky PIP thread useful.