Thread: new medication- what happens if it works?

new medication- what happens if it works?

Hello

just a quick question. I've just started taking pregabalin and feeling really good on it. I have an application for PIP pending. What happens if this new medication changes how far I can walk and what I can do? I've only had two good days so far but really hopeful this will continue.

What should I do?

thanks

It will take a couple of weeks to know how you are likely to fare on pregabalin. I've found it very helpful, but it isn't a solution by any means. Be careful about weight gain as pregabalin can mess with your appetite.

I forget where you're up to in the PIP process. If you've yet to undergo assessment, tell the assessor about any change in circumstances. If you're further on in the process and you finish up being assessed as more disabled than you are on pregabalin, report a change of circumstances, explaining how the drug has changed your condition.