Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Q2 Prices

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    Is it the V40 cross country D2? Which spec did you go for? What's attractive about a Volvo is their resale values. They depreciate quickly so if PIP does not happen for me, a reasonable sum should secure the car. And its a very good spec on the Se Lux. Would be interested to hear how the MPG's are going. I was attracted to a 1 series partly because of the 62.8mpg. I am achieving only 46-48mpg!
    I recall in 2009 I looked at a Golf and S40 with AP's of £1799 and £1999. Come Q2 the golf was £999 and the Volvo something like £4500! The days before the price cap. Went for the Golf, bit of a no brainer in the end.
    HI paul1234, I went for the CC D2 Lux, and it's wonderful with the leather seats and other bits. I ordered a couple of extra's too, the winter pack with heated front window and seats and also the rear parking assist.

I've only done short journeys in it up to now and not really sure about the MPG but I seem to be getting around 48mpg. Only filled it once since getting it, so it'll be interesting to see what I get on a long run.

Nissan Qashqai,

1.5 diesel Acenta Premium - up by £300 to £999

1.5 diesel Tekna - up by £800 to £1999

No Automatics now shown on the Motability list but 3 still on Nissans own list, http://www.nissan-offers.co.uk/motability/new-qashqai
    Last edited by phaedra; 04-01-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Nissan Qashqai, No Automatics now shown on the Motability list.

Oh well, that makes it easy for me to discount that one in my search!

I'm sure this has been brought up/ranted about many times before, but why are there so few autos on the motability list? Is it down to the manufacturers not offering them or motability not pushing for them? I don't understand why a scheme for which qualification is that you are "unable to walk or virtually unable to walk" (ok so I know that's the old dla definition for the higher rate mobility) has so few cars (relatively speaking) for those unable to operate foot pedals.

At the moment there are 569 autos listed on the Motability site out of 2,262. This includes all vehicle types from small superminis up to the larger vehicles. The lack of autos at the top end of the manufacturers ranges is probably due to some negative and ill-informed media stories about Motability users getting top spec cars 'for free' which, of course, is not the case. Motability had a bit of knee jerk reaction to the media stories and cut the range of vehicles available at the top end and this, inevitably, included many of the larger auto vehicles (ie the ones most likely to appeal to folk who have to carry wheelchairs, hoists and other paraphenalia). The media reports also forced Motability to tighten up the rules on nominated drivers because of perceived abuse of the scheme.

When looking at vehicle choices it is probably worth checking manufacturers' own Motability price lists (these show the advanced payments) often there are vehicles at the top end on the manufacturers lists which do not appear in the Motability vehicle search.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Nissan Qashqai,

No Automatics now shown on the Motability list but 3 still on Nissans own list, http://www.nissan-offers.co.uk/motability/new-qashqai
    Just been on the Motability site and there are now 2 automatics showing :

1.6dCi Acenta at £1599
    1.6dCi Acenta Premium at £1799

I would assume as this is a new model once general supply and demand settles more will become available. Time will time.

Nice to see BMW 3-Series Estate automatics being listed
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

On the whole a fairly uneventful changeover. Many of the cars I was tracking have barely altered in price. I wonder if we will see this trend continue as it makes planning a little easier. Once I have had a good look at the prices I will post the Q2 best buys.

Looking again on the Nissan site there's now no 4x4 versions of the Qashqai listed for Motability.

No more Audi automatics, only manuals this quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1234 View Post
    No more Audi automatics, only manuals this quarter.
    Just looked and there are 6 autos, A1 and A3
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Bit rubbish tbh, I was hoping the 2 series would be on.