Thread: I am back!!!

I am back!!!

Hi all.

Back on here after a few days without internet after the move. Everything went well and we are pretty much settled in, so feeling a lot less stressed now. The bungalow already feels like home and I am feeling the benefits of the adaptations, wet room etc already. We will be having a new tenacy visit next monday, think I will discuss the Care-call system with the housing officer and get it installed.

I wrote to DWP before the move, ESA, DLA and PIP, (I have just started my claim to move from DLA to PIP in late Feb). I have recieved a letter from ESA, mainly to inform me of the new rates, but it came to the new address so thats good. As yet, I have heard nothing from DLA or PIP, so it looks like I may have to phone them. I really did not want to phone them as I get in a state talking to people on the phone. I will give it until middle of next week, then I suppose I will have to contact them. It makes me laugh, we have to fill in forms that are like an autobiography within a short space of time and get it back to them, but they do not rush to acknowledge it when we contact them, (I did ask on the letters for them to confrim my change of address).
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Good luck in your new home!

It sounds like all the effort has been worthwhile. I hope you will enjoy your new home for many years to come.

Thank you deebee and flymo.
    The effort certainly seems to be worth it so far.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I managed to get out for a couple of hours yesterday and visit friends, had to use their loo and it was ......... upstairs!!!!!

This morning my knees and hips are reminding me why we moved to a bungalow!

Good luck in your new home

I'm so pleased it's turning out so well. The bungalow sounds brilliant. Is there another one? I could do with a move.

I know what you mean phaedra. If we visit family/friends the loo is upstairs. It is a major effort to get up and down, but as it is only now and again, I just about cope. Like you though, my knees object terribly. (along with a few other body parts and breathing is awful after doing stairs!)

Firebird, they are lovely bungalows. Not sure if all of them are adapted as well as ours, but all are level access with ramps/rails etc. We were very lucky to get one with an almost brand new wet room, which is a godsend for me.
    I have been told they come up very rarely where we are, but bungalows in general tended to be on the bidding list each week in other areas. (there are 4 on this weeks list for instance).

Really pleased that the move to the bungalow went well and you are settled and happy in your new home.We had a wet room fitted and a stair lift through a disability council grant and what a difference the y have made to us.

I agree barbiejane, these sort of things make all the difference to our lives. It means a bit more independence and daily life is not such a struggle.

Glad everything is going well, enjoy your new home, all best wishes.