Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits

Benefits

Hi,

I was on Incapacity Benefit and was sent for an assessment just recently, I got a letter from the DWP saying that I was being put in the wrag group, as I have been ill and not been able to work since 1992, the thought of going to these work related groups was scaring me so much, I put in for a mandatory decision, but was told that I would have to get the assessors report back before I could go ahead with the appeal. I got in touch with my doctor and she said she would help by explaining that I was not capable of working again, and when I received the assessors report back I found out that he had put in in the Support Group, my brother got in touch about the mandatory appeal and mentioned that I was eligible for the support group, the next day I got a call from them saying that they were putting me in the support group, they didn't tell me how long for, but so relieved. He also said I would be getting more money than what they said I would be getting in the wrag.

When I was getting Incapacity I was receiving £112.05 a week which they said was going to go up around £2.00 from April, so would have received about £114, the money I was going to get in the wrag group was also £112.05, so cannot understand why they said it was going to be more when it is worse, at least if I had stayed on Incapacity I would have been better of, than this new benefit. As even in the support group that is also £112.05 a week, totally confused? They mentioned a transitional addition that I have been entitled to, havent got a clue what it all means. Forgot to say they told me they had sent the wrong letter out in the first place I should have got the one saying I was in support group not the wrag, so went through a lot of stress because of it.
    Last edited by ginger4; 04-07-2014 at 10:38 PM.

The transitional addition only looks at the amount of benefit being paid at the time a decision is made. An example is if you were paid IB at £112.05 on 3rd March and an ESA decision was made on the 3rd March then you would be paid £112.05. (ESA WRAG is £100.15 without transitional protection). It doesn't matter what future benefit rises there were going to be with IB, it only matters what you were being paid on the date a decision was made for ESA.

There will be transitional protection for anyone who moves from incapacity benefits to ESA. This means that if someone's current entitlement is more than what they would receive under ESA, the amount of ESA will be added to make it the same as what they currently receive. You wont get any increases until the ESA rate catches up to the Transitional Protection rate, which could take a few years at the current rate of benefit rises.

If you are in the Support Group, you should be getting an Enhanced Disability Premium, which means that your benefit should be £106.50 + £15.15 = £121.65

If you are in the Support Group, you should be getting an Enhanced Disability Premium, which means that your benefit should be £106.50 + £15.15 = £121.65

enhanced disability premium??? whats that? im in the support group and never heard of that, am i being short changed???

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    Enhanced Disability Premium
    You qualify for an Enhanced Disability Premium if you and your partner are under 60 and one of you receives Disability Living Allowance higher rate care component/ Personal Independence Payment Daily Living component enhanced rate. You also qualify for an enhanced disability premium if you claim main-phase Employment and Support Allowance and receive the support component (even if you are not claiming Disability Living Allowance higher rate care component

Quote Originally Posted by debbie101 View Post

enhanced disability premium??? whats that? im in the support group and never heard of that, am i being short changed???
    If you are on contributions based ESA, then you would need to request an IS10 form from the DWP (for them to see your income e.g. Pensions, partners income etc) as premiums are means tested.

But if you are on Income Related ESA, then I would phone the DWP to ask why you are not being paid it.
    Last edited by removed; 04-08-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: correction regarding form

richard, im in the support group, under 60, dont have a partner, getting contribution based esa, i dont claim dla or pip or anything, does that qualify? never heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by debbie101 View Post
    richard, im in the support group, under 60, dont have a partner, getting contribution based esa, i dont claim dla or pip or anything, does that qualify? never heard of it
    Do you have a pension? If not you need to phone the DWP to request, as I said above, an IS10 form. Fill that out and any premiums that you qualify for will be added.

Based on what you have said you should qualify.
    Last edited by removed; 04-08-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: CORRECTION REGARDING FORM

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    If you are on contributions based ESA, then you would need to request an ESA 3 form from the DWP (for them to see your income e.g. Pensions, partners income etc) as premiums are means tested.

But if you are on Income Related ESA, then I would phone the DWP to ask why you are not being paid it.
    I have just rang JCplus asking for a ESA3 to claim the EDP for myself also one for my G/son

The gentleman told me he would send out IS10 form to fill in, I said I need ESA3 forms, he said no, that is for a change of circumstances only.

Now did that JCP employee tell me correctly ? will have to wait and see what a IS10 form is all about

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I have just rang JCplus asking for a ESA3 to claim the EDP for myself also one for my G/son

The gentleman told me he would send out IS10 form to fill in, I said I need ESA3 forms, he said no, that is for a change of circumstances only.

Now did that JCP employee tell me correctly ? will have to wait and see what a IS10 form is all about
    Please accept my apologies, I was confused regarding the form. IS10 is the correct one. ESA 3 is for change of circumstances.