Thread: Advice on getting put back in the contribution based ESA group

Advice on getting put back in the contribution based ESA group

Hi, could anyone tell me how to move back to the contribution based ESA group.
    I've been in the ESA support group from day one and have now been moved into the income based part of the ESA support group.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting contribution based ESA but at the moment in WRAG which means it will finish this year due to my husband working. How come you were moved to income based ESA from contribution based? I assumed as you are in the support group you would stay on the same contribution based in the support group?

Quote Originally Posted by KAREN SV View Post
    I am getting contribution based ESA but at the moment in WRAG which means it will finish this year due to my husband working. How come you were moved to income based ESA from contribution based? I assumed as you are in the support group you would stay on the same contribution based in the support group?
    Karen in the previous thread you mentioned you were on the assessment rate CB ESA, once your WRAG CB ESA ends are you able to just go back onto ESA ?

Karen, I maybe think you have been asked this or you arnt keen but your local council welfare advisors are amazing they will come to you and also have the powers to get your claims looked at, I wasn't keen at all to get on benifits when i was made disabled, infact seemingly the nurses involved in my care refused to let someone into help me apply for ESA as they said "I wouldn't need it while in hospital" until then I had a meeting with my social worker and welfare rights and I had my esa payments backdated within 2 weeks with regular contact with the decision maker, I was placed in the support group without a F2F then they applied for DLA and I was successful, I really think you need to trust these people as they are there to help people like yourself, it isn't helping sitting waiting on a call i know how you feel but please try and get help from someone from welfare rights it wouldn't do any harm in asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets View Post
    Hi, could anyone tell me how to move back to the contribution based ESA group.
    I've been in the ESA support group from day one and have now been moved into the income based part of the ESA support group.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This doesn't make sense. You cannot lose your entitlement to Contributions Based ESA during an ongoing ESA claim, though your Contributions Based benefit moves to the nil rate after 52 weeks unless you are in the Support Group.

It seems more likely that you have started to qualify for Income Related ESA on top of your Contributions Based ESA. In this case, the calculation will show Contributions Based ESA being deducted as income from the Income Related amount in the details of how your ESA was calculated.

I'm not sure what it is about the situation that is troubling you.

I wonder if it's that Ferrets would rather have the contributions paid than receive the income - though don't you still get contributions paid for you if you receive income based?

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    I wonder if it's that Ferrets would rather have the contributions paid than receive the income - though don't you still get contributions paid for you if you receive income based?
    You get Class 1 National Insurance credits whilst on ESA, even if all you 'receive' is Contributions Based ESA is paid at the nil rate.