Thread: Had to phone PIP about change of address.

Had to phone PIP about change of address.

I finally gave in today and phoned PIP. I wrote to them before we moved, to inform them of my change of address. I asked them to please acknowledge in writing that they had updated their records. I did not want any letters, especially if they were for appointments,to go astray. Anyway, I had not heard anything from them, so I had to phone today. It was a choice of getting myself in a state by worrying about if they had the new address etc, or getting myself in a state by phoning them!! I get really panicky, confused and upset talking to people on the phone when I don't know them, so it really is a majot effort for me to make a call.
    I finally got to speak to a real person after waiting for over 10 minutes. I explained why I was phoning, she then told me the system was just getting going and it was a bit slow. A minute later, she just cut me off!!! I then had to calm myself down a bit and make the call again. This time, I spoke to a very helpful lady, who asked me a few questions, most of which I could not remember the answers to and had to keep asking my other half to help me.
    The upshot of the call was, that yes, they had updated my address details. My claim is currently with the assessors, and I will more than likely get called for assessment. (I thought almost everyone had to have an assessment anyway). I also confirmed that my current DLA award, (due to end in June) will continue to be paid until a decision has been made about my PIP claim.
    All in all, it was very stressful for me to make the call, but I am glad I did. At least I know that everything is in the system and it is now a matter of waiting, probably a while judging by others experiences. I am going to try my best not to worry until I at least get an appointment from them.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Had a letter yesterday confirming they had recieved my claim pack and that I will hear from Capita in due course about an appointment. I know they got my paperwork late Feb as I sent it recorded, so it has taken 2 months just to confirm they had got it. So, it is now a waiting game for an appointment to be assessed. I am trying not to get stressed and worry about it. To be honest, I don't mind if I don't hear anything for a few weeks as I want to enjoy my little holiday next month. (whats the odds on getting an appointment through quickly and it will be when my holiday dates are, lol).
    At least it shows they have updated their records with the new address.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.