Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Capita assessment.

Hi Babyblu just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow hope it goes well for you xx

Hoping tomorrow's visit goes well.

Thank you acheron and firebird, keeping my (slightly swollen, arthritic) fingers crossed, lol x
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Good luck for tomorrow!

Adding my good wishes for tomorrow

Good Luck for tomorrow, look forward to hearing how it went

Very best of luck for tomorrow x

Thank you everyone.
    I will try and pop on here later to let you know how it went.
    I am in quite a lot of pain today and my anxiety levels are through the roof!! But that might be a good thing as the assessor will be able to see what I am like.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansdowne View Post
    Hi, this is my first post so please excuse me if it is in the wrong place. In January I was sent ESA50 renewal. I have been in WRAG since Nov 2012. Today I received decision that I have been placed in support group. My condition has not changed, but this time I had the disability organisation fill in the forms for me, whereas last time I foolishly just filled it out myself. Therefore I feel that really I should have been in support group all along but obviously struggled with forms and could not explain my conditions appropriately. Nevertheless, my actual question is : how do I know how long it has been ganted for? At the end of where it says "so the amount you are going to get each week is ****" it goes on to say "The amounts on this page apply from 1 May 2014 to 23 September 2020" Is that a standard letter, or is that how long I am placed in that group till I get the forms again? I would be grateful if anyone out there knows. Thank you.
    You will need to phone the DWP to ask how long you have been placed in the Support Group.

I have just had my assessment, so while it is still fresh in my mind, I will tell you how it went.

The lady turned up about 10 minutes early, she introduced herself and shook my hand. (first test, how was my grip)
    She then explained about the assessment, what she would be asking, how long it would take etc.
    She said she could tell I was anxious and not to worry. (easier said than done)

First was to ask about my conditions, when were they diagnosed, were they official diagnoses, any tests etc to confirm diagnosis. Some of this was tricky for me as most of my conditions are long standing and I could not remember dates etc. She said not to worry, approx dates were ok.

How do my conditions affect me. Do they limit my social life. Have I had to give up anything I really enjoy because of my conditions. Does my pain vary.

Then it was a typical day/night for me. Do I sleep ok, do I have to get up in the night and do I need help to get up. Do I need help with getting dressed/undressed. Do I get dressed during the day.

What is my diet like, do I prepare and cook meals. How does my diet affect me.

How often do I go out. Would I be able to go out with someone else other than my partner, could I give a taxi driver directions.

This was followed by what aids/adaptations etc.

Then medications, dosages, side effects etc.

Peak flow test, resulting in a coughing fit and breathlessness.(another test to see if I could grip and monitor my own peak flow) I had to have a break at this point as I was seeing stars and feeling dizzy .I asked my partner to get me some water, the assessor watched very carefully whilst I drank.

She then asked me to stand, which my partner helped me to do. Then she asked if I could walk a few steps. At this point I had a very bad dizzy spell, started to shake and feel sick and my pain was very bad. The assessor said, I think that is enough and had to help my partner to get me back on the chair.

She apologised for making me feel bad and I said I was sorry that I could not do as she asked. She said, don't apologise, I can see that you are in pain and I will not ask you to do anything else.

That was the end of the assessment. She explained that she would do her report in the next few days and send it off to DWP.
    She seemed very nice, but I am not reading anything into that.
    I am sure there was other stuff, but I am exhausted, so will put more on here if/when I remember it.