Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG - A little overwhelmed...

OMG - A little overwhelmed...

Just been in contact with PIP..and...

I have been awarded Standard rate for both mobility and daily living.

SO happy!

Thank you for everyones support and help while I was waiting for a decision.

Congratulations! Its been worth the wait in the end.

Thank you!

I'm not appealing..mum feels I should have enhanced mobility, but...I'm happy with standard. I didn't think i'd get anything at all

Do you know how long it is for?

Not yet...I forgot to ask! When I get the decision letter, i'll ask for the report and the award length

Thats brilliant news Flower. x
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

That's great news. Don't forget that once you get the decision letter, someone will be able to get Carer's Allowance for looking after you.

Depending on where you got the Mobility points, you might be entitled to a Blue Badge without further assessment (you need at least 8 points on the "moving around" activity for that).

The decision letter will list the points you score on each activity and will give you the length of the award. Congratulations on sticking with it - I know it's been a demanding process at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    That's great news. Don't forget that once you get the decision letter, someone will be able to get Carer's Allowance for looking after you.

Depending on where you got the Mobility points, you might be entitled to a Blue Badge without further assessment (you need at least 8 points on the "moving around" activity for that).

The decision letter will list the points you score on each activity and will give you the length of the award. Congratulations on sticking with it - I know it's been a demanding process at times.
    You will also get 50% off Road Tax if you have a car.

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    You will also get 50% off Road Tax if you have a car.
    True - though if you take up that concession, it limits the use of the car to use for or on behalf of the disabled person. If flower has her own car, she can enjoy that concession (you don't have to wait until the current tax disc expires - you can use the concession as soon as you have the Certificate of Entitlement and return the existing tax disc for refund). If there's just a shared car, it gets a little more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post

A blue badge would make a lot of difference to me going out - I hardly go out because of the walk i'd have to endure from parking spaces/car park to wherever I need to go I'd be able to go shopping in my nearest town, Bulwell, as they allow blue badge holders to park outside shops instead of the car park, which is a 5 minute walk away.

I will await the decision letter!

And thanks, babyblu! x