Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm a bit scared of what a ukip win means for us.

Well, it seems that the country now has four political parties.

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't seem to matter who gets in power as you can be sure they won't keep their promises.

Out of interest this is UKIP's disability policy as it stood before the election.

http://www.staretheridge.co.uk

I am scared of ANY party that wins elections...they are all the same ...they all have good and bad points unfortunately

removed
    UKIP's main policy is controlled immigration and referendum on the withdrawal from the EU. Both points are ones that matter to me and the majority of the nation. As far as I am concerned, immigration needs to be controlled and there needs to be a referendum on the EU. 40 years since the last referendum and I would have thought democracy was about giving power to the people and to respond to what they want - which is a referendum.
    Last edited by removed; 23-05-14 at 19:55. Reason: Spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    UKIP's main policy is controlled immigration and referendum on the withdrawal from the EU. Both points are ones that matter to me and the majority of the nation. As far as I am concerned, immigration needs to be controlled and there needs to be a referendum on the EU. 40 years since the last referendum and I would have thought democracy was about giving power to the people and to respond to what they want - wish is a referendum.
    Spot on Toolook. Couldn't agree more.

I believe in Europe, but not controlled by them, and them being France and Germany

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    Spot on Toolook. Couldn't agree more.
    Glad you agree, as some on the forum would probably abuse me on my stance on UKIP. I voted for them in the EU elections, would usually vote Conservative. Reason on voting UKIP - to send a message to David Cameron that I want my say on the EU gravy train.

Hey, I voted UKIP for the Euro election too.
    I'm not racist, but my personal view is that we need to address the influx of European migrants. Also i'm just fed up of walking through my city and encountering gangs of east european youths drinking beer and being a nuisance - they speak zero English and personally find it intimidating, so I used my vote to try to make Cameron and Co stand up and listen for once.

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    Britain has to let anyone into the EU in and cannot refuse them. Whilst at CAB, there are many Eastern European immigrants who are on miniumum wage and claiming benefits. That is the majority of cases. Some specifically come for claiming benefits.
    It's not a completely open door. As you're a law student, may I recommend reading Directive 2004/38/EC - especially Article 7. Note the restrictions on access to "the social assistance system of the host Member State".

I'm not expressing a view either way on the EU by saying this - just pointing to a key fact. So much of the debate on the EU is devoid of good quality facts, and is more about rhetoric. I am not convinced rhetoric is a good basis upon which to make an important decision.

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    It's not a completely open door. As you're a law student, may I recommend reading Directive 2004/38/EC - especially Article 7. Note the restrictions on access to "the social assistance system of the host Member State".

I'm not expressing a view either way on the EU by saying this - just pointing to a key fact. So much of the debate on the EU is devoid of good quality facts, and is more about rhetoric. I am not convinced rhetoric is a good basis upon which to make an important decision.
    Thanks Flymo but I already know about that Directive but it is near enough Open Door and to the Joe/Jane Blogg's out there it certainly feels like an open door.

I'm not legally minded or a law student, but i'm just fed up now with Labours /Conservatives / LibDems attitude on the 'let 'em all in' culture. I've never voted before - I just felt the need to this time.

I feel like a stranger in a strange land, and I just feel that the cries are getting louder to stop this mindless influx. I sincerely don't doubt that migration of workers is good for the economy - but there surely must be a limit! No job - no entry sounds good,lol.