Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm a bit scared of what a ukip win means for us.

I agree with toolooks 1st post. And it's ok to say that about them working as careers and being good etc but these are jobs they are taking from people of whatever race, that are born in this country. I think most people voted for ukip to prove a point to the other parties that immigration and coming out of the eu are our main concerns. I don't think anyone who comes to this country should get any financial help at all until they have lived and worked here for at least 5years, we wouldn't get it if we went to their countries, why don't they try and make their own countries better instead of coming here and end up 85% of the time making it worse here. In some parts are the country there are that many polish and they have the only shops in the area when you go in they don't speak proper english and glare at you and make comments about your disability by doing certain mimes. I don't care colour of skin if they are born here they are british and should behave like they are instead of saying they are what their parents are instead of saying thats just their ancestry. I don't think any party cares about disabled people to be honest, i think it became worse when they let drug users and alcoholics start claiming ib and dla, some on here may disagree but as someone born disabled i saw the change in attitudes once that happened

Attitudes to disabled people have always been poor. In my experience.

UKIP encourage people in the UK to look at people from other countries and see them as people to be afraid of, made fun of, and as somehow beneath us.

As I said before, this was how I was made to feel growing up in the UK as a child with a disability. As a young child I did not speak English - just Welsh. Because I did not speak English doctors and other professionals began to talk about me having a mental disability rather than just a physical one (they didn't seem to grasp that the problem was a language barrier). My parents and immediate family had to decide to stop speaking Welsh to me and go to English.

I have no interest in inflicting that sort of attitude on to other people - just because they are different/from another country/speak a different language.

Well I have a Hoover Whirlwind 2100 watt and its mega powerful. I've had it since 2011 and it's the best vacuum i've ever had and easy for the wife to use,

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    Well I have a Hoover Whirlwind 2100 watt and its mega powerful. I've had it since 2011 and it's the best vacuum i've ever had and easy for the wife to use,
    If you need a replacement in a few years time you will be limited to 1600w then 900w. Better stock up on them!

We had a vacuum, Electrolux that lasted 10 years, was a 1300w but was way more powerful than the suction on the Dyson. Maybe as it was an industrial vacuum had something to do with it.

Dysons are crap now at the side of the original DC01. Got rid of the last one I bought for over £300 because the old original one performed much better.
    I now have a Morphy Richards pet hair upright, really light, bends any way you want so it goes under things, picks up right up to the edge and comes apart to a small cylinder so you can do the stairs. My cleaner was so impressed with it she got one herself. 5 years warranty as well. Can't fault it plus I can manage it with one arm if needs be. We have a long haired white dog so need something that is good and I can manage

[QUOTE=toolook;61543]What has UKIP got to do with disabilities.

Plenty, if you think about it.

I once had a Dyson DC10 Animal. Fantastic suction BUT, the motor burnt out in just over a year. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah!