Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Writing Letters To DWP??

Writing Letters To DWP??

Hi

I know this might seem an odd question? Is it best to handwrite a letter or print out letters on the computer to DWP?? I don't want them to think i'm too savvy!

thanks

Suze

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Hi

I know this might seem an odd question? Is it best to handwrite a letter or print out letters on the computer to DWP?? I don't want them to think i'm too savvy!

thanks

Suze
    Doesn't matter, if you choose handwritten make sure it is legible! I don't think they will look into it too much if you type it, what if your neighbour/partner/friend/CAB wrote the letter on your behalf and you were just the one sending it.

I'm only asking as i have already sent the dwp 2 handwritten letters , and surprise surprise - they have no record of receiving them!

Thought that if i did it on the computer it will look "official".

removed
    I'm only asking as i have already sent the dwp 2 handwritten letters , and surprise surprise - they have no record of receiving them!

Thought that if i did it on the computer it will look "official".
    The problem is not that they were handwritten or typed, as I have had that issue before. I sent 2 letters typed and they did not receive them. As RM are the ones that deliver them and as it is a large organisation, lost letters are bound to happen.

The best route to getting a guaranteed response is calling them. It takes 2 weeks for the DWP to upload the letter electronically, then it takes another week for it to land on someone's desk and another 2 weeks for a response to go out. So in the end you are looking at a 5 week wait.

In the end it is your call however I would strongly recommend you call them and you would get a response at the same time.

Hi Toolook

Have already spoken several times to different advisors at DWP - and put through to various other departments and got callbacks from them - but each one says something different. I was then advised to put it in writing by DWP!

removed
    Hi Toolook

Have already spoken several times to different advisors at DWP - and put through to various other departments and got callbacks from them - but each one says something different. I was then advised to put it in writing by DWP!
    If DWP have told you anything which is contrary to my advice, disregard my advice and follow DWP's. They are the ones in charge!

I always send letters by recorded/signed for delivery. That way, you can track the letter and be sure it arrives. You then have proof that they have recieved it.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thank you toolook and babyblu64.

Hi for what its worth, always send anything important by signed or recorded delivery. DWP dont open their own mail, it gets done by either Hays or Royal Mail and sorted into departments before delivering, government think it saves money in reality it causes more frustration for all and certainly does not help customer service. While i am on my high horse, they dont even manage their own phones anymore only dealing with filtered calls, and the Tax office i am told are instructed to leave phones ringing for 5 mins to put people off and encourage on line enquirers.

Sorry rant over.
    J

In a similar vein, DWP seem to have done away with most of their published fax numbers. Whilst fax is obsolete in most cases, it has the advantage of being an immediate(ish) and secure way of transferring a document with optional proof of sending. I use my fax equipment very rarely now and have stopped giving out my fax number routinely, but it is still useful occasionally.

If DWP were organised enough, they'd come up with a way of transferring information directly into their document retrieval system, ideally giving two options for users: fax and a secure web site where you could upload a PDF file.