Thread: Neediing a very expensive it seems WAV transfer in

Neediing a very expensive it seems WAV transfer in

Hi all, I have finally told DVLA about RA, I haven't been driving, took decision not to drive for a while, however now i would like to start again. I have just travelling in back of Peugoet WAV and feeling more and more like an animal on its way to abattoir and getting more and more sickness (travel as cant see where going) Sorry it sounds like a right moan it inst supposed to be I am grateful that I can still be taken to work and that I have a job.

Anyhow, i would like a Transfer In WAV so i can drive from up front position when needed and if not my partner can drive me. I also have to take care of my 88 yr old father in law who has dem..entia, with appointments, shopping and generally being on hand for the weekly emergencies. I have a carer sleep over 4 nights a week who i need to collect and take home again. The WAVs with transfer in seating seem very and i mean very expensive! (i am a power chair user and FIL has a manual wheelchair) I don't have savings, and live in social housing. I do get a small amount of
    WTC and have applied for a grant.

Does anyone have experience of anything similar, are motability likely to be able to help or have you been through process, any advice or tips to help greatly received.

Jeanna

Hi Jeanna and welcome to the forum, I didn't want to read and run so I thought I'd post anyway.

I can't help directly with WAVs as they aren't my expertise but you should call Motability and ask to talk to an advisor regarding WAVs and the Grants department.

You should qualify for a considerable grant towards the cost of the WAV.

Others who have experience in this should be along shortly to advise.

Good luck, Paul x

Thank you appreciated. Jeanna

You mention that you have a job. You should investigate "Access to Work" which is a government scheme that may be able to help.

This isn't really my area of expertise either, but I'll add one more idea to Paul's suggestion to talk to Motability's grants department. As you work, you might be able to get help towards the Advance Payment for a WAV from Access to Work.

Also look into the secondhand market or demo versions of WAVS then approach Access to Work.

I know of a wheelchair user who was gifted an expensive WAV due to her access needs at work. She needed an accessible vehicle for when she travelled to meetings across the City.

Also explore charities http://www.disability-grants.org/dis...nd-advice.html