Thread: Awarded Standard Rate Care PIP!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Awarded Standard Rate Care PIP!

Just phoned DWP AGAIN! The guy told me my Decision was made Thursday, I actually called that day so was probably made after then.

Not even going to try and find words to explain how I feel right now! Seriously!

BUT! I'm a little confused and surprised. I wasn't awarded Mobility, didn't expect to get Care, I practically didn't fill out most of the Care part of my application thinking i had no chance. So my assessor must have went to work.

I really want to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration to try get awarded Mobility & would like to know if that would be a good idea In My Case?
    & if i appeal and lose my award will i also lose my Back payment?

Thank You
    Last edited by Wesley.Henry; 02-06-14 at 08:39.

Similar Threads

1. can you still drive a car if you get standard rate pip
    By gazzmg in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-14, 17:01
  2. 8 year old son dla motability changed from high rate to low rate today.
    By marymc in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-11-13, 11:41
  3. finally got awarded lower rate care of £20.55 a week DLA. I would like to appea
    By lynda666 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-04-13, 10:39
  4. low rate mobility and care!
    By Kerrystrong1985 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-12, 09:51