Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moved from WRAG to SG but will only receive NI credits, why??? :( :(

Hi Flymo

Thanks for your recent message and all your help that you have given me on this thread, I really appreciate it.

The backdated money means that we can firstly sort out doing a Will for me and my husband, after my recent heart attack, we both realised that it's something we should have done a while ago.

Secondly we want to treat our soon to be, 18 year old son with the present he has been mithering us for a while (a flat screen tv).

The rest of the money will be put into our savings account, so it can be used for emergencies.

Just out of interest, having read Jard's post of 06-25-2014 01:28 PM, do you think it's worth speaking to Welfare Rights about the 5 / 6 months of money which Jard said I was clearly entitled to, or just to leave it now?

Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes

Catherine

Hello Catherine

As I said in that post that is my "view" of the matter, based on the facts you provided, if you're fortunate enough to have access to a qualified Welfare Worker I would encourage you to take it up with them. Should you chose to do that stress the main points I made in that post, or you just print it out and show it to them.

Further to what I've said I believe if things like this are not challenged, this sort of behaviour could well be used to deliberately defraud people of their rightful entitlement causing undue hardship.

Go for it.

I think the law is fairly clear (see the second and third paragraphs of post #26), though this is not particularly fair, as many will assume any extra money should be backdated to the day the assessment provider received the form.

Ultimately, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by asking for further backdating. You could try arguing that the ESA50 was a notification of change of circumstances. However, I am doubtful any further money will be forthcoming.