Thread: non payment of esa

non payment of esa

Can anyone help me. I missed a medical due to not receiving the letter. The 1st i knew about it was my fortnightly payment was not in the bank. I rang to find out why and was told i missed a medical and letters had been returned to sender,i explained i did not receive these letters. I explained wot i think happend is say my address is 23 smart st,there is an exact same address but 23a.i have had cabs,deliverys even bailiffs turn up at that address instead of mine. This reason has been accepted i was told to ring the next day for payment,then told to leave 2 days,then a manager needs to ok the payment And i have to give him 2 days. Each time i rang i was told something different,but was assured each time i woul get my payment. 2 Days before my next payment was due iwas told nothing can be done until the 6th june. My payment was ment to be there on 21st may. My payment was due today and its not in my bank. I have asked to speak to a manager many times and have been refused.i am at my wits end i have no food or gas and my electric is about to go i am pennyless and have borrowed all the money i can, what can i do? And is this allowed? Any advice is greatly appreciated

If your "good cause" for failure to attend the assessment has been accepted, the barriers to payment are purely administrative. It's also hard to be reasonable when you're hungry and penniless.

So far as possible, try to be polite, as getting upset won't help you or the DWP. You clearly need to get back on to them in the morning. It might be worth going to the nearest Jobcentre Plus, but only if you can reasonably walk, as you haven't got the money for fares. Failing that, I think you'll have to call again, stressing that the situation is now a crisis due to the lack of any money.

I wish you well.

Flymo. Thank you for the fast reply. You was right rang them again this morning and both missed payments have been issued and will just have to wait for them to clear in bank. Thanks again