Thread: My Pip Home visit

My Pip Home visit

Hi all
    In my previous post, I told you that Capita arrange face to face assessment at there centre. This was not possible as I have problems walking less than 10m with severe pain. Last week I phoned them and told them it was not possible to go to the centre. I asked if it was possible if I could have a home assessment at home. I was very surprised they said no problem at all. I now go my visit at home on Thursday. Im pretty wound up as Im not to sure what questions they are going to ask me. As a guide, I had an accident at home resulting me disabled. I fractured 2 vertebral compression fracture of the spine. This left me unable to stand for more than 2 mins. I live on my own and my children put my bed room downstairs. For my toilet needs I have a modern commode with flush I have a plastic wee bottle. Once a week, my Son takes me upstairs for a shower. He has to help me in and out. During the week, my daughter comes three times a day and cooks me main meals. Some day I can manage micro meals. If I need anything I can contact any of my family via my laptop and SKYPE. So basically always in touch with screen view of each other. Is there anything else I need to put to them. My Daughter will be there also to answer any questions im not sure of. Wish me luck and I will let this great forum how I got on step by step.
    Regards
    Ray

Good luck ray, hope all goes well

Scotty1

good luck ray for thursday x

how did you get on ray with your home visit from capita,have you heard anything back

Quote Originally Posted by ray_uk View Post
    Hi all
    In my previous post, I told you that Capita arrange face to face assessment at there centre. This was not possible as I have problems walking less than 10m with severe pain. Last week I phoned them and told them it was not possible to go to the centre. I asked if it was possible if I could have a home assessment at home. I was very surprised they said no problem at all. I now go my visit at home on Thursday. Im pretty wound up as Im not to sure what questions they are going to ask me. As a guide, I had an accident at home resulting me disabled. I fractured 2 vertebral compression fracture of the spine. This left me unable to stand for more than 2 mins. I live on my own and my children put my bed room downstairs. For my toilet needs I have a modern commode with flush I have a plastic wee bottle. Once a week, my Son takes me upstairs for a shower. He has to help me in and out. During the week, my daughter comes three times a day and cooks me main meals. Some day I can manage micro meals. If I need anything I can contact any of my family via my laptop and SKYPE. So basically always in touch with screen view of each other. Is there anything else I need to put to them. My Daughter will be there also to answer any questions im not sure of. Wish me luck and I will let this great forum how I got on step by step.
    Regards
    Ray
    how did you get on with your home visit