Thread: MP Getting Involved

MP Getting Involved

As suggested by a few on this site that I contact my MP about the waiting time I've experienced for my face to face assessment with ATOS (applied September 2013)

Today I received a email from my my stating he's willing to take on ATOS for me and requested my address and NI number

This to me sounds hopeful

I really hope the process is speeded up a bit now

removed
    The MP will only speed things up. Getting them involved will not necessarily mean a positive outcome, your case will be looked at as with any other case - without fear or favour.

Just been awarded my blue badge

do you think this will help my claim

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    The MP will only speed things up. Getting them involved will not necessarily mean a positive outcome, your case will be looked at as with any other case - without fear or favour.
    Just speeding up my assessment will do

removed
    This is a similar post but relates to DLA but it should be the same for PIP: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ded-but-no-HRM

A Blue Badge makes no difference at all to outstanding DWP claims. It is, however, good news - as is the involvement of your MP.

As toolook indicates, your claim will be decided by applying the law to the facts, without fear or favour.

What happens at an assessment?

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLovett View Post
    What happens at an assessment?
    They assess your condition and the effects it has. More can be found here on Flymo's comprehensive guide - http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...me-reflections

You can read about my face to face assessment and follow links to other people's experiences in the sticky PIP thread.