Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Badge Renewal

Blue Badge Renewal

Made a request to the Council Monday 17th October 2011 for a Renewal Application Form.

Received the form yesterday and its now asking for an up to date DBD 384 Certificate Of Entitlement? This is the letter that we received from DWP telling us what rates we had got

It says "If you received DLA HIGH Rate Mobility then you Automatically Qualify for a blue badge. We need to see current Official Edvidence that you are in receipt of the the above benefit as showing above (in my case DLA HRM) current name and address and are no more then 18 months old?

As my last letter was dated 2006 its it now standard pratice or for fraud issues?

If i was to ring DWP DLA Unit would it do you think maybe trigger them sending me forms for an assement as my case file would be brought to light? Im on thus far till further notice an Indefinate Award.

Regards
    TD

I would say take your award letter that says you are on an indefinate award and a recent utility bill to prove that you are who you say you are and your address.

What about the letter that they send you every April to tell you that you've got an inflationary increase - this states the benefits that are included?

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    What about the letter that they send you every April to tell you that you've got an inflationary increase - this states the benefits that are included?
    I don't recall getting one of those! I'd better check tomorrow. I have to reapply for my Blue Badge soon, and it coincides with the silly time around Christmas and new year. It's always a palaver these days. Once they even put the wrong date on it so I had to update it after two years instead of three.

[B][/B]Im totally getting fed up with all these rules and regulations its getting me down. I will send my notice thats says im on HRM indefinately plus a Ulity Bill and see what happens. If im rejected then i wont bother just cant take much more of this. Never before ive been asked this and never ever been asked for a Ulilty Bill to prove who i am and i still live in the same area. This is also more of big brother reigning us in i find this like many other benefits we get very intrusive?
    Thank You for the replys.
    Regards.
    TD
    Last edited by trickiedickie; 25-10-11 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by trickiedickie View Post
    [B][/B]Im totally getting fed up with all these rules and regulations its getting me down. I will send my notice thats says im on HRM indefinately plus a Ulity Bill and see what happens. If im rejected then i wont bother just cant take much more of this. Never before ive been asked this and never ever been asked for a Ulilty Bill to prove who i am and i still live in the same area. This is also more of big brother reigning us in i find this like many other benefits we get very intrusive?
    Thank You for the replys.
    Regards.
    TD
    Let us know how you get on, please. I'm in the same situation, had my 'indefinitely' type notice for years and still live at the same address.

Sent information today 01/11/2011 will let you know how i get on? Sent award notice showing indefinate award dated 2003 plus ulitiy bill with my present address.
    One interesting point im due to change car June 2013 and wonder if i will go through PIP which starts April 2013 to see whether im still eligable?
    TD

I checked about renewal procedures locally and found that I can do it online. Presumably one has to post stuff in to complete the application once the process has been initiated online. The advice page says that recent proof of eligibility is essential but also said if one doesn't have it to telephone the helpline 08457-123456 to request a letter. I did this and one is on it's way. I also asked whether I had been sent anything recently and the operator wasn't sure but put a note on my file to make sure that I do get the annual confirmation letter.

Next problem is figuring out if I dare risk get into and attempting to sit down in one of those silly small photo booths to get some new passport photos done!

Good Luck with your application. Mine should be with the council today as i sent it first class yesterday but the postal system in this area is crap therefore could be a few days? I received an hospital appointment yesterday dated 21st October almost two weeks ago.
    It did say a recent proof of eligibility but im sure the council can press a few buttons on a keyboard and find out?
    Will let you know how things go.
    TD

I personally think that its a good thing that the council are doing everything they can do to tackle fraud. The fact that people seem to get blue badges at the drop of a hat is another matter !