Thread: Does PIP qualify me for further funding for care costs?

Does PIP qualify me for further funding for care costs?

I have been awarded PIP for care. However, my care costs are higher than what PIP has awarded (the enhanced rate) as decent carers in my area are about £12.50 per hour and I need help for quite a few hours per day. Can I apply anywhere for further funding towards my care costs?

Thank you.

Have you a list of all the care agencies to browse through in your area, there may be other around who charge less.
    Sea Queen

You might be entitled to Direct Payments from your council if you don't already have Direct Payments or council funded carers.

If you are interested, contact your local social services department and ask for a needs assessment.

Thanks. I will contact council and I will put up another thread asking if any care services in my area are recommended.

What area of Bham are you in? of you don't mind me asking? (i responeded to your other thread @ finding social care in Bham)