Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple iphone6 launch on Wed 9 Sept '14

If you were interested to know what all the fuss was about here's the slide show off the event.

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-...72ea6a99dbb-im

Well, I've placed my order for an IPhone 6 through the Apple online store. That way it's unlocked and I can choose a cheap SIM ONLY deal without getting tied in.

I'll have to wait until they start shipping between 10 - 17 October then I'll sell my previous phone - jobs a good 'un!

Will look forward to seeing how you get on with it!

I think the screen on the 6 might actually be too big for me. I'm not sure I want a phone that big. I could do with a screen a little bigger than the 4s I have (but only sometimes) so the 5/5s would probably be good for me. Not sure I want it bigger than that. I want my phone to stay a phone and not turn into a tablet! Besides, I have small hands

I printed out a laser showing an IPhone5 and the latest two Appleiphones just to look and compare the sizes.

In my opinion the IPhone 5 is about 18mm shorter in height than the IPhone 6. The IPhone 6 Plus was designed for the Asian market. It's too big to hold in one hand The old Iphhone 5 is just the same as the current colourful plastic phonrs but classier.

I wonder how the Scottish vote is going? Just three hours before the booths close. We might wake up in the morning and the United Kingdom and Union Jack could be gone in the morning. 307 years of history down the pan!

LT enjoy your new toy when it arrives, but:

Advice I was given years ago and still follow -

Never buy the biggest TV in the range, or the just released model of any electrical gadget (phone), or just released software.
    They are pushing the boundries and tend to go wrong.
    Get the TV one size down, and wait for the bugs in the just released stuff to be fixed.

Pessimistic?
    Yes, but remember just how many big new product and software launches in the last ten years have needed fixing within the first 3 months.
    Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, etc, etc, are all guilty of rushing products to market before they are fully ready for use and then having to issue fixes.

I understand where you are coming from.

I ama fan of Appe products as both the hardware and software aredesigned by the same company.

I've learnt to have faith in their products. Sometimes it can go alittle wrong with third party software developers but that is fairly rare.

My experience with Apple Products goes back beyond Imacs, ipads, iphones and ipods. I still have a photo ipod from 11 yearsago and it still works.

My first Apple computer at work was the Apple is it LE - a 7 inch screen.

The first home Applemac I bought for home and work use was the LC - so I go back a long time!

Once you've used an Apple you'll never touch a PC again

There is a new player in the Mobile Phone Market, Amazon.

They have a New Smart Phone coming out very soon and for £33 a month you get unlimited Calls, Unlimited Texts and 2gb Download. The Phone is.......well it looks great and has great specs. A 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, combined with 2 GB of RAM.............. Here is link as there is just too much in the technical details to list here. If I could afford it I would have one bust since I can't I will have to stick with the one I have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...qid=1411068241
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I read today that some have bent, due to people putting them in their back pockets(!?) as they're so slim. So make sure you don't sit on your shiney new wonder Lighttouch! The bigger one doesn't look very pocket sized to me anyway.

I saw the same reports, serves them right they should take more care of their shiny new toys.

A friend of mine sat on his iphone4 last month, didn't bend it but cost him £80 to replace the broken screen, ouch.

Fliss, don't believe everything you read. I believe both phones are smaller and the glass is rolled over the edges. I've yet to see glass that bends !!

I won't take delivery of my IPhone 6 until about 20 October as I'm buying an unlocked phone from Apple direct.

Just a quick update about bent phones . . looks like the days of sticking the phone in my back pocket are numbered. So glass is bendable I assume.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29331349
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 25-09-14 at 06:32.