Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have today self selected for PIP

I have today self selected for PIP

Well, just came of the phone after volounteering for PIP, could have waited until after Oct 2015, but I like things behind me not in front of me, it's going to happen sometime may as well be now,

have most, no all of my paperwork ready to send of with the PIP2 form whenit arrives,

Lady said I will still receive my DLA payments up until, and if I am successfull with the PIP claim

may take 28wks start to finish,

I will keep this thread updated when the nect event happens,

Cannot stop the train now.
    Last edited by Popeye; 09-15-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Having had reason to call the PIP helpdesk today, the recorded message is quoting 26 weeks for the face to face assessment to take place after the PIP2 has been returned. It could, however, be that it's quoting a different figure depending on the caller ID, though, as I called from my mobile, the system could not know where I was calling from.

You need to allow 2-3 weeks for the PIP2 to be sent after the initial phone call, up to 6 weeks for the claimant to return the PIP2 (that's how long you are given now - it used to be four weeks), 26 weeks for the assessment to take place, around 3 weeks for the assessment report to be written and sent to DWP, then 3-4 weeks for the decision to be made. Some cases will take longer.

If it takes 26 weeks for an assessment, this means the end to end time could well be 38-42 weeks.

However, this assumes that you need a face to face assessment. As you presumably have a Certificate of Visual Impairment (which you should send a copy of with your PIP2), you may not need a face to face assessment if you give a good quality explanation on your PIP2 of the problems you face in carrying out the PIP activities.

For what it's worth, I think you've done the correct thing in volunteering considering that PIP is likely to pay you more than DLA. As you previously noted, your DLA remains in place until the PIP decision is made, also this way you will know where you stand in relation to PIP.

The sticky PIP thread should guide you in preparing your answers for the PIP2.

So you took the big step then, I managed it so I'm sure you will be fine.

Good luck Popeye, if I can help in anyway just ask.

Scotty 1
    Last edited by Scotty1; 09-15-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Thank you Both,

I have been registered blind since 1984, when I get the How does your disabillities affect you form and I return it, just hope someone has enough time in a day to read it, lol

it will start with, when I wake up I cannot see the clock, so I don't know the time of day or is it night.

Update

Big brown envelope arrived today 23/09/2014

canot see PIP2 anywher on form ( well the wife cannot ) only number she can see is my NI number followed by PIP1003

it is dated 15th September the day I volounteered

and it has to be back by the 15th October, so I have 21 days to complete form and return it

it is a first stage form of the PIP journey to simply get the ball rolling, after that you should get a PIP2 form and also may be required to have an assessment or paper based one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    it is a first stage form of the PIP journey to simply get the ball rolling, after that you should get a PIP2 form and also may be required to have an assessment or paper based one.
    The form is 40 pages in total and the booklet is 'How your disability affects you '

so what will the PIP2 form (PIP2) ask that this one does not ?

my thoughts are this is the form,

sorry popeye it is the PIP2 form just clicked on the internet link and it showed the form you mention, that is internet for you. any way after sending as mentioned they may call you for an assessment or just go on paper based decision.

any way best of luck with the form and please be careful filling it in and go off links on here as the best way to do it.

I had my PIP2 form in May, still waiting to hear from them regarding my assessment. Though today received a standard letter just saying I am in the system (letter from Capita). This is about 20 weeks from submitting my form.