Thread: Voluntary work whilst in esa support group.

Voluntary work whilst in esa support group.

I got a letter saying I'm now in the esa support group. I do voluntary work for 4 hours on a tuesday. If I tell the Jobcentre will they say I must be fit for work because of it and move me back to the WRAG? Apparently my next assessment is february 2016.

You are allowed to undertake voluntary work whilst in the Support Group. The only time that voluntary work is likely to cause problems is if something about that work brings your ESA assessment decision into question. For example, if your ESA assessment decision was based on an inability to compete two sequential actions or an inability to show appropriate behaviour with other people, then you started voluntary work in a charity shop, this would appear inconsistent with the ESA assessment. Conversely, if your ESA assessment decision was based on an inability to mobilise 50m and you are undertaking voluntary work from a power chair, there is no conflict with the assessment decision.

Similar Threads

1. Forced voluntary work, WRAG Group
    By Conradstives in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 04:45 AM
  2. moved from support group to work related group
    By aw57 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:12 AM
  3. Work Related Activity Group - Pre-Existing Voluntary Work
    By OldBat in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 05:23 PM
  4. support group or work related activity group?
    By art446 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
  5. ESA work Support Group
    By Bedlingtonbabe in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 10:45 AM