Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e.s.a related

Wink e.s.a related

I have been on e.s.a for 3 months now what will happen next and do I get the difference from the 3 month worth of money backdated when my money goes up not sure how it works thanks

Hi just a quick question I have been on e.s.a for now 3 months now should I be expecting a backdate soon because I have been told after you have been on it for 3 month you get a backdate of 3oughly 6 to 8 hundred pound thanks x

Flymo just a quick question u seem like you know allot about this so when you are on e.s.a I have been on it for nearly 13 weeks so should I expect a backdate soon of about 6 to 8 hundred ?. Thanks I would appreciate the reply back asap so they dnt try and get out of not paying me it as it wouldnt be the first time.

6 separate posts all asking the same thing, as you don't give any information i will assume you made a new claim for esa,

no you wont get your money back dated for the 13 weeks,

once you have been assessed and placed in either the WRAG work related activity group or the SG support group you will get an increase applicable to that group, you will also get the difference backdated to the start of the 14th week of your claim.

Hi Andrew, after 13 weeks you get an assessment to decide whether you are placed into the support group or Work related group. Once your decision is made you will receive backdated money from the 14th week of the claim up to the decision date of the difference from which group you're placed in.

Thanks lol I wasnt sure whether my tablet was working and is it about 6 hundred I will get then on a rough estimate and it is a new claim I have been claiming for 14 week on friday so whats happening there? .

I have been payed upto now but I just thought you got the difference backdated

well there is a backlog with assessments so you could be waiting a while. figures below are not exact just to give you rough idea

assessment rate for someone over 25 is £71.00 per week, if you are placed in wrag you will receive an extra £ 30.00 giving you £101.per week, so from the assessment date back to the start of the week 14 you would get £30 per week backpay.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewham123 View Post
    I have been payed upto now but I just thought you got the difference backdated
    you do but not until you have been placed in a group, and in your case it would be from the start of the 14th week

I thought u got it backdated from the day you make the actual new claim to the day you actually get the money so say for instance I get £114 a fortnight which is what I get now and I get the higher money once assesed of £101 a week I get the difference of £86 times by the number of weeks until I get it is that not how it works.