Thread: Text received from Capita 10 minutes ago....

Text received from Capita 10 minutes ago....

About 10 minutes ago, a text came through on my mobile:
    "MESSAGE FROM CAPITA: We have short notice appointments available for your Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment between the 19th and 26th September. This will ensure we speed up the processing of your claim. If you are available on any of these days please reply YES and we will contact you to arrange a suitable time. Al replies will be charged at your standard rate."

First off the 19th September is tomorrow?????
    Secondly my PIP2 form stated will require notice to arrange for family to fly over to assist me in attending any assessment.
    Finally, I've no idea where this will be held i.e. how far away etc.

I rarely go out, and only go out when accompanied by family. My sister the flight and travel is 18 hours and my brother the flight and travel is about 9 hours.

This was made very clear on the form.

The only other person who can accompany me is my terminally ill mother (she lives about half a mile from me).

Help please.

I read that text as an offer of a short notice appointment if you are in a position to accept. If you are not in a position to accept, I would just ignore it.

Many of Capita's appointments are for home visits. Are you able to manage a home visit without a family member? If so, you could respond YES and say you can only accept a short notice appointment for a home visit when they call back.

Thanks Flymo, your help is really appreciated. It's such a coincidence I put up a topic just a few days ago about moving from DLA to PIP and then not knowing who/what Capita is and then receiving a text. All in the space of a few days. As they say no buses and three come along at once. I didn't attend any kind of medical before i.e. ATOS etc and this is now making me jiddery and nervous.

I think I'll just wait, as you say this is 'an offer'. When the time comes I will request/ask for a home visit.

Many thanks Flymo.