Thread: New to forum

Red face New to forum

Hello I have just joined this forum. I was wondering can anyone tell me.... I have just received a text saying my ESA has been awarded (contribution based) and Im to wait for confirmation letter. Is the payment made from when my sick notes started which was about 8 weeks ago please? Thank you for any help.

I take it you are in 'assessment phase', if so I think your payment should run from the date on first fit/sick note, minus the waiting day's, not 100% sure though.

Welcome aboard chic.

If you meet the conditions for ESA from the start of your 'fit note', ESA can be backdated for up to three months before the date you claimed ESA.

Thank you Jard and Flymo for replies ....

Hi and thank you. Yes I am in assessment phase. Made the claim last week and was told to wait for paperwork to come to me by end of this week. Then as I say got that text yesterday saying Ive been awarded ESA wait for confirmation letter. I know there will still be paperwork to do and go to an assessment appointment at some point. Ha, I used to work in a Jobcentre years ago but everything changed now - so different. Thanks for the help.