Thread: Confused??

Confused??

Good Afternoon forum members. Can anyone help me who may have had this happened to them? I contacted DWP today for an update on my pip change if circumstances and they said it is still with the case manager and I should be hearing an answer by next week! They also said a copy of my assessment has been already sent out ( this was via my request a few weeks ago) my concern is why have they sent a copy of the assessment out before I've had an answer from the case manager or is this normal I'm worrying now they know the answer but fobbing me off on the phone?

Thanks in advance Min

DWP usually refuse to send out the assessment report until a decision has been made, but there have been a limited number of reports of them sending a copy of the report before the decision is made.

The early release of a copy of the assessment report does not influence the decision in any way.

It is important to remember that the assessor makes recommendations to the case manager, who is not bound by them. The case manager must make whatever decision they believe the evidence best supports, so just because the assessment report indicates you have enough points to be awarded PIP does not mean that PIP will be awarded. Equally, the assessment report may indicate you have insufficient points to be awarded PIP, but the case manager might award additional points giving enough to award PIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    DWP usually refuse to send out the assessment report until a decision has been made, but there have been a limited number of reports of them sending a copy of the report before the decision is made.

The early release of a copy of the assessment report does not influence the decision in any way.

It is important to remember that the assessor makes recommendations to the case manager, who is not bound by them. The case manager must make whatever decision they believe the evidence best supports, so just because the assessment report indicates you have enough points to be awarded PIP does not mean that PIP will be awarded. Equally, the assessment report may indicate you have insufficient points to be awarded PIP, but the case manager might award additional points giving enough to award PIP.
    Thankyou flymo. I received my pip medical report today and I still have not had a decision from the Case Manager. There are quite a few things I don't agree with in terms of he marked me as being able to stand then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50. I attended in a wheelchair and I held my stick , I took my stick with me incase I was asked to walk. I clearly stated that I can only walk with a stick 10 meters rest then a further 8 meters but could not repeat the procedure safely and not in pain at no point was i asked to walk but I did stand holding onto my chair and with my stick. As this was a change of circumstances I have compared the previous report with this recent one and you can clearly see the changes alone with the knee flexing going from 30% to 50% also the rest of my limbs , flexing, rotation and movements drastically reduced but apparently in the report he has said I was noted flexing to my ears I can wash my upper body and marked me down this is not true and my daughter has to wash me all over and because I now work 16 hrs (keeps me sane) been cut from 35 hrs as of my disabilities he keeps using this throughout the report as being able I am absolutely upset and fuming do you think I should contact DWP on Monday as I say I havnt had the results bk yet from DWP thanks min much appreciated

Thankyou Flymo I appreciate your help.