Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP2 Home visit today

PIP2 Home visit today

Firstly thank you to everyone on the site.

I do tend to try and be quiet and occasionally mess up when I butt in. Apologies.

The changeover from DLA to PIP. Received my paperwork in May and returned by the deadline.

Saturday received a letter stating I will have a home visit at 1.30pm Wednesday 8th October (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and today - by my count 5 days!). Not only didn't I get the mandatory seven days notice, the person turned up 35 minutes early.

Lovely lady apologised for turning up early she had rang me but I do not answer my land-line - which is stated on the form.

She introduced herself. Sat down and opened her laptop.

Before beginning asked me for identification and I gave her my photo-card driving licence and my blue badge - the new up to date badge.

For some reason she spent more time looking at the badge and typing up information - presume the badge number. Both have my photograph on so easy for her to confirm I am the same person as the application form.

One question that I wasn't expecting. WHO filled in the form.

Anyway moving on, proceeded to go through the form (on the computer) and asked various questions, my disabilities in order that I had listed them.

Working on from that all my medication and any changes since completing the form.

The next phase, the Activity questions. Relatively straightforward either you can or cannot do things etc so answered all these questions relating to preparing food, nutrition, communication, bathing, budgeting etc.

The final part was about the mobility - very polite, asked if I could stand - my walking stick next to me. From the information in front of her did not ask me to walk as it was too uncomfortable for me. A question then about my front door to the gate (I live in a ground floor flat). The gate is where I would get the taxi from. The distance is about 8 - 10 metres.

At the end thanked me apologised for having to ask such personal questions like going to the toilet etc. She left after one hour and 10mins'ish. She stated there is a backlog and I may not hear anything for four to six weeks.

All in all I am totally relieved it is all over.

I appreciate area to area things are all different but thought I'd put this up as anyone having to face it if they are as nervous as I was, nice to have an idea. Everyone has different experiences, so this is my pennies worth.

Now I am left with - 'watch this space', will I continue to get the Care and Mobility components which I have with DLA.

Thanks for reading my ramble.

yes you will continue getting your dla until a pip decision is made.

as for the 7 days notice, its from when dwp send it out not from when you get the letter.

hope you get a good result from it..

Thank you slipmaster, my next DLA is due the 21st October, so will now just have to wait for the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    yes you will continue getting your dla until a pip decision is made.

as for the 7 days notice, its from when dwp send it out not from when you get the letter.

hope you get a good result from it..

Well I received my DLA on the 21st October.

Today a brown envelope arrived - DWP.

Oooo I could feel it was a single page. Tentatively opening it - shucks that was boring.

Personal Independence Payment:
    "We've now got the information and reports we need...
    We're sorry it's taken longer than expected... We will contact you as soon as we've made a decision."

&#@% came to mind. My next payment is now due the 18th November.

Had hoped this would be it. Now sitting tapping fingers (won't hold my breath) that the next letter will arrive in a few weeks.

Hi RaspberryRipple

Thanks for your message, don't know what the outcome will be, I was on lower care rate with DLA - so may lose it entirely or come in on the standard rate? I'm more concerned about the mobility section, this is my lifeline to the outside world, hoping I'll go from higher rate across to the enhanced rate.

Good luck with yours too. I just wish they wouldn't keep us in suspense/turmoil/tension. Pstt I'm still taping my fingers

After receiving the decision - DLA low rate care and high rate mobility - my PIP outcome was standard rate care and standard rate mobility - I requested a reconsidering in November 2014, they finally came back to me three weeks ago (via phone) and a few days ago received the decision - reviewed my entire file.

Now in receipt of PIP - standard rate care and enhanced mobility, as a single person also get the severe disability payment too.

Pleased with the decision and pleased that I asked for a reconsideration. They also gave me a back payment.

Well done Amy - that really is good news and shows you - never give up!

And welcome back ((((o))))

Third attempt to say thank you Lighttouch for the hugs and welcome back.

Did you get your new wheelchair?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Well done Amy - that really is good news and shows you - never give up!

And welcome back ((((o))))
    Thank you again Lighttouch, very kind of you.

Have you bought your wheelchair yet? Or still raising the funds?

Thank you very much Amy S. This has been very helpful. Cassy