Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIP2 Home visit today

Thank you AmyS. Your information was very helpful and much appreciated.

Amy this was very good news so happy for your result. Did your assessor report you got back match up with the original DWP decision? I've had a change of circumstances and I've had the assessor report back from asos but I haven't had a answer from DWP as yet the report does go in my favour I'm hoping DWP don't change anything thanks min x

The initial letter for my PIP was SRC and SMR

I asked for reconsideration, as I was previously receiving HMR (DLA). Warned I could lose everything. Still went ahead. When they rang me about the reconsideration the Assessor had said my gate to my front door was 25 metres, which was not true and I told the person calling, the distance is in fact 9 metres as it had been measured.

Seven to 10 days later had my reconsideration. No idea whether they matched as I was more concerned about the categories eg. Care and Mobility.

I had this as well, AmyS. My assessor tried to say our car would be parked ACROSS the road(which would make it 25 metres..) but I argued that it is always parked outside our house - Making less than 20 metres.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    I had this as well, AmyS. My assessor tried to say our car would be parked ACROSS the road(which would make it 25 metres..) but I argued that it is always parked outside our house - Making less than 20 metres.
    Naughty of them and a huge difference between 25 metres (which 'they' wrote) and I had stated it was 9 metres.

That is very naughty indeed

Just received my brown envelope today I was very nervous opening it but I got the enhanced rate for both components which I am so happy about when the assessor came out she was very nice I felt like crap on the day couldn't even lift my head of the couch and was being sick all the time I was very grey in the face which she did comment on? My husband stayed with us threw out the 1 hour and 15 minutes assessment but I have to say she made me feel really at ease even prompting me on certain questions I could not do any of the physical stuff because I was so ill on the day and she just said I would say declined as to unwell to complete task, my husband thought it all went ok on the day but I felt anxious I heard a few bad stories about assessments, but I have to say personally mine was fine so wanted other people to know a positive story for PIP

Brilliant, sounds well deserved Shazza3 - it will help so much. Congrats.