Thread: My positive PIP story!!

My positive PIP story!!

I would like to tell you about my PIP experience because I am absolutely amazed that it has gone so well and I think a positive tale might help to keep morale up!

I have been claiming DLA since 2009 on High rate care and low rate mobility but my award finished in August 2014 and I was told that I must apply for PIP. Since the original award was made my mobility has substantially deteriorated.

I received the form in April and asked my occupational therapists to help fill it in. I sent every piece of paper I'd ever been given in regards to my health conditions, including letters from both my consultants.

I continued to receive DLA during the wait, I presumed I was waiting to be called for an assessment. Three weeks ago I had a letter telling me that the assessor had all the reports they needed to make a decision. Last week I had a letter saying I had been awarded enhanced rate for both components for an ongoing period to be reviewed in 2024. I was absolutely amazed as I have had no end of problems with benefits and ended up having two ESA tribunals and getting help from legal aid.

I hope my story will give people some hope as I was searching for positive stories and found hardly any!

Lovely to have positive news.

Wow 2024 - you can relax now.

I've just had an assessment last week for DLA to PIP. So still waiting on the results.

An "ongoing period" award with review after ten years is really as good as it gets - it's the equivalent of an indefinite DLA award.

An "ongoing period" awards with no review is possible, but can only be made if there is no chance of the Daily Living and Mobility problems changing over time. An example would be an award made for problems relating to blindness for someone born with no eyes.

If you can provide evidence from a professional in assessing disability, such as an occupational therapist or physiotherapist, you increase the chances of not needing a face to face assessment.

It's good to hear the positive stories. My PIP story was equally positive (I also have enhanced rate of both components for an ongoing period with review after ten years), so the benefit is not all bad news. Sadly, there will be losers as well as winners from PIP, but my belief is that the more concrete PIP criteria help people understand what the benefit is all about.

Cool positive story

thankyou for such a positive story I am now going threw the same ordeal and hopefully it will go smoothly my assessor is coming to my home I am abit nervous but I know if I just explain how I am daily and be honest it should be okay I am still on DLA for another 2 months can you give me some advise of how they where with you I see it is a positive post so that is good
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPonk View Post
    I would like to tell you about my PIP experience because I am absolutely amazed that it has gone so well and I think a positive tale might help to keep morale up!

I have been claiming DLA since 2009 on High rate care and low rate mobility but my award finished in August 2014 and I was told that I must apply for PIP. Since the original award was made my mobility has substantially deteriorated.

I received the form in April and asked my occupational therapists to help fill it in. I sent every piece of paper I'd ever been given in regards to my health conditions, including letters from both my consultants.

I continued to receive DLA during the wait, I presumed I was waiting to be called for an assessment. Three weeks ago I had a letter telling me that the assessor had all the reports they needed to make a decision. Last week I had a letter saying I had been awarded enhanced rate for both components for an ongoing period to be reviewed in 2024. I was absolutely amazed as I have had no end of problems with benefits and ended up having two ESA tribunals and getting help from legal aid.

I hope my story will give people some hope as I was searching for positive stories and found hardly any!