Thread: Leaving work and ESA

Arrow Leaving work and ESA

Hi there, I'm currently working as a support worker which involves shifts etc. and I suffer from osteo-arthritis in my knees, spine, neck and hands, carpal tunnel syndrome, depression etc. and I've had enough. Anyway my question is this...if I left under these conditions, would I be able to claim ESA and Housing Benefit/council tax benefit please. I live alone in an over 60's complex

any info will be gratefully received,
    Thank you,
    Jackie17355

There are no guarantee's about any benefit today, many people who claimed for years on the old Incapacity Benefit found themselves ineligible for this ESA, it can prove extremely hard to obtain. HB/CTB are down solely to your financial situation.

Given the complexity of the benefits system and your apparent lack of understanding, I think you'd be best advised to speak to a qualified adviser about all your personal circumstances and what you are contemplating, try your local CAB or AGE UK if your over 50 and ask them to provide you with a 'Full Benefits Check'.