Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NHS Dental treatment Claim refused & received BECS letter along with a fine.

You really need to find the letter that informed you about this:
    Up until 2013 I was in receipt of DWP (IS) which I presume was income support?. I received one (IS) payment fortnightly for £354.70 as you know I now receive 2 payments (PSCS) £230.20 (ISCS) £131.60 TOTAL £361.80 which is around £7 more. I wonder why I was getting one payment (IS) and now receive the other two different payments totalling virtually the same amount?
    If you can't find it contact the DWP and ask if they can provide you with a duplicate, as that letter will be 'proof of your benefits'.

It's the same for all of us today, we must 'prove' at every request our status and to do that we have to keep every piece of correspondence we receive, a bit like East Germany and the Stassi.
    So get a couple of cheap files and keep all and anything they send you from now on, you never when you may need it.

As I've mentioned in a few other threads, although I qualify for health costs by being on IR ESA I apply for and get a new HC2 every year, makes it much easier when you have that certificate to show them.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Yes, the CS on the end of PCCS and ISCS just stands for 'computer system', its what sometimes shows up on where your payments come from.

From what you have posted here you should qualify for free dental treatment, and other free health help.

I would guess that the problem is with the address used/recorded when you went to the dentist.
    They have checked and found that no-one at that address is entitled to free NHS help.

Your email as reported in you original post should have cleared this up, but it may take a letter to them before they sort it out.
    Sometimes some departments seem to be behind the rest of the world and won't accept email replys, only letters.

Thanks for posting, Are you saying I’m entitled to free dental services because I receive ISCS or is it the PSCS I don’t receive the PCCS you mentioned? I think you may be rite perhaps dental services used the original carers address and sent an automated reply. Before I do anything I need to verify which of my benefits entitles me to free dental work, I believe it’s probably the ISCS which looks like it stands for Income Support Computer System. Why do they make things so difficult for us we understand what income support means but what does computer system have to do with my claim?

At the bottom of the letter from NHS Dental Services it says “If you require any further assistance please contact us by email or telephone” so I hope if I reply again they will take note of what I say!.. The letter also mentioned “For general enquiries, you can now use the 'Ask Us' section of our website atwww.nhsbsa.nhs.uk.” I of course went to the website thinking it would have a forum in 'Ask Us' if ther is I couldn’t find it.

I still have no idea why DWP changed my single payment of income support to two benefits ISCS and PSCS and I have never received a letter explaining this.

Thanks once more for taking the time to read my long post and reply.

What it looks like to me is, when you came of pensionable age you were moved from Income Support payed as Incapacity Benefit to Pension Credit - both elements, it is the ISCS one that is important/necessary for your purposes here.

Why not do as advised by nukecad and apply for a HC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    You really need to find the letter that informed you about this:

If you can't find it contact the DWP and ask if they can provide you with a duplicate, as that letter will be 'proof of your benefits'.

It's the same for all of us today, we must 'prove' at every request our status and to do that we have to keep every piece of correspondence we receive, a bit like East Germany and the Stassi.
    So get a couple of cheap files and keep all and anything they send you from now on, you never when you may need it.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. My Personal Care Assistant tried phoning DWP being passed from one department to another, to my knowledge I have never received a letter since my benefits where changed from Income Support to (PSCS) (ISCS) I’m not saying DWP never sent one because I think it unlikely. I have a dyslexic son who shares the same initials and he often opened my mail without telling me, I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for my care worker who noticed letters sent to me in his room. Luckily this will not happen again because he has now flown the nest!

I keep all important documents for around 10 years. Some years ago I lost a lot of important documents in a fire, briefly I was having a wet room installed in a room which contained filing cabinets so stored them in my uninsured caravan which was in my drive, unfortunately a fire starter (arsonist) set fire to it!.

I prefer whenever possible to correspond via email, it’s so much more convenient and reliable; it’s usually faster and environmentally friendly. Hopefully they should not get lost. I of course backup regularly and in the unlikely event of Google mail loosing my emails I also use windows live mail. Perhaps I should now put pen to paper and write to my local DWP.

I would still like clarification on which benefit entitles me to free dental work (PSCS) or (ISCS)

Thanks to you and everyone for responding to my long posts.
    Last edited by Moonlight246; 11-06-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As I've mentioned in a few other threads, although I qualify for health costs by being on IR ESA I apply for and get a new HC2 every year, makes it much easier when you have that certificate to show them.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. From what I can make out it’s looking like I’m entitled to free dental work because I am in receipt of (ISCS) I have never come across HC2 certificate so will look into it.

We all know the government share information so why NHS Dental Services are having issues getting clarification from DWP of what benefits I receive, It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    What it looks like to me is, when you came of pensionable age you were moved from Income Support payed as Incapacity Benefit to Pension Credit - both elements, it is the ISCS one that is important/necessary for your purposes here.

Why not do as advised by nukecad and apply for a HC2.

Thanks for replying. It makes sense my benefits changed at pensionable age but I thought pensions for men didn't start until your 65th birthday?.. I was born in 1952.

So you are saying I’m entitled to free dental work because I receive (ISCS)?

I have never come across HC2 but yes I will look into it.
    Last edited by Moonlight246; 11-06-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight246 View Post
    Thanks for replying. It makes sense my benefits changed at pensionable age but I thought pensions for men didn't start until your 65th birthday?.. I was born in 1952.

So you are saying I’m entitled to free dental work because I receive (ISCS)?

I have never come across HC2 but yes I will look into it.
    Some benefits (such as free prescriptions) used to start at "pension age" - 60 for women and 65 for men, but were all changed to 60 a few years back due to equality legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    Some benefits (such as free prescriptions) used to start at "pension age" - 60 for women and 65 for men, but were all changed to 60 a few years back due to equality legislation.
    Thanks for your comments, Yes that would make perfect sense and is probably the reason why my Income Support benefit changed to (PSCS) and (ISCS) it may also be why I didn’t receive a letter although that seems doubtful.

You would think if you are entitled to free prescriptions at retirement age you would also receive free dental service. I understand we cant expect everything to be for free, lets face it we are lucky compared to most countries and happy I was born in England and not Baghdad!..

Before I contact NHS Dental Services I just want to confirm I am entitled to free dental service because I receive (ISCS) Can anyone confirm this before I go-ahead?.

Thanks

To make it clear: YES Income Support is one of the benefits that entitles you to full help with health costs, including free NHS dental treatment.