Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip awarded high daily living - will i get esa disability premiums backdated

Pip awarded high daily living - will i get esa disability premiums backdated

Hello all, I'm new to this so sorry if this has been covered.

I have finally got my PIP awarded and I'm getting daily living at £81.30 awarded from 27 june, I'm also in the ESA support group, i also get the severe premium with the sea, but should i have got a backdated payment from the date of my PIP award, as this is what both the CAB and PIP department told me ?

If you could help in anyway that would be great.

Thanks

S

I'm in a similar situation and am wondering about Severe Disabilty Premium.

In the last week I've been awarded ESA support group and PIP Enhanced daily living.

ESA came through first and they included a disabilty premium of approx £15. Which seemed correct.

But then a few days later I got the PIP decision with enhanced daily living.

Am I right in thinking I'm now eligible for severe disability premium? I live alone and have no carer. I'm hoping so because it's an extra £50 or something.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but it's so similar I didn't want to start a new topic.

Hi Skipper and Scott. Congrats on your awards 1stly.

just wanted to confirm that Yes, due to your PIP daily living awards, both standard and enhanced, as Skipper says single and nobody claiming carers I guess is what he/she meant to say, and in this case is entitled to severe disability premium (SDP). This is paid at same rate as Carers Allowance, currently around £61.00. This being added as a premium may well mean further entitlements to income related ESA which in turn will passport to Housing Benefit/Council Tax assistance (bear in mind eacl local authority has their own assistance scheme for CT).

Premiume generally should be backdated to relevant date of PIP claim/ESA claim dates.

Scott, you don't mention whether you're single/part of couple. If single, same as Skipper. Also bear in mnd there are occasions even when part of a couple that you can be classed as single for benefit purposes. Hopefully somebody else with expand on this and other matters raised.

If part of couple either living award of PIP allows Carers Allowance/SDP to be claimed. Again, in these circumstances and as very little info given on each posters circumstances, always advisable to get full benefit check up from CAB, local Welfare Rights, or if of age, AgeUK can be very helpful.

Again, well done on awards. Go get your entitlements peeps.

Brill. Thanks Spencer for your helpful and informative reply.

Hey Spencer and Skipper,

Thanks for the good information, Yes i live alone and have nobody claiming for me.

Its always hard to find information on the premiums so its great to find this site

One last thing...

What's the best way way to go about getting the severe disability premium? Or will it automatically be sorted out?

I'm guessing I need to contact the DWP? Either ESA or PIP.

I'm a bit paranoid of contacting them for some reason, maybe cos it's drawing attention to my case etc.

I think I'd prefer to write to them or get my support worker to call.

Hey Skipper,

I had to call and they said for sea they would send a form out i fill in and send off its only a page long and asks you very basic questions, i.e do you live alone.

So don't fear its the easiest part of the full claim i think

Thanks spencer. What number did you call?

Sorry to gate crash your thread. I appear to be quite dense as I do not seem to be able to find how to post a new thread? Any help appreciated.
    Nanna55

Spencer, forget my last post and question. I've applied for the premium and they're sending me the IS10 form.