Thread: PIP rates - how much?

PIP rates - how much?

Can someone clarify PIP rates for me please as I'm a little confused. I have looked online but the amounts given here aren't the same as the amounts given in my recent PIP decision letter

https://www.gov.uk/pip/what-youll-get

for example the above site states that standard rate PIP daily living is ?54.45 per week but my decision letter states ?53.00 per week. The above site also states that standard mobility is ?21.55 per week but my letter states ?21.00. Which is correct?

ps why are pounds signs appearing as question marks on here? I've noticed this on other posts.

The pound sign thing is something that's wrong since the forum was recovered following the crash. I suspect there's some kind of misconfiguration of the database underlying the forum with respect to code pages and i18n (internationalisation).

The benefit rates for 2013-14 and 2014-15 can be found on gov.uk. The rates quoted in the decision part of your letter will be the old 2013-14 rates (?53.00/week for standard rate Daily Living and ?21.00/week for standard rate Mobility), as they were the rates applicable at the start of the award. The annual uprating to the 2014-15 rates (?54.45/week for standard rate Daily Living and ?21.55/week for standard rate Mobility) will have been incorporated in the back payment calculation from April 2014, also ongoing payments will be at the 2014-15 rates.

Thanks. I thought it would be something like that. I just thought that they would use the current rates on my letter although I know that my back payment from Nov 2013 to April 2014 would be at the lower rate.