Thread: Dla to pip payment time scales?

Dla to pip payment time scales?

Hi i applied for pip in February 2014.finally had award letter on 4th October.it Says I am entitled to pip payment from 5th November. 2014.
    I have not received any payment yet as I believe pip is 4 weeks in arrears. I have just checked my bank and have received my usual dla payment, which I was not expecting as I thought pip would take over by now. Feel really confused and stressed now. Would appreciate any help on this . Thanks x

Morning Gorg

I had my transition DLA to PIP. My DLA ran out 8th October.
    Had a f2f at home 8th October.

Have had two DLA payments 21st October and 18th November.

Received letter advising me of my new PIP arrangements on the 19th November saying my PIP starts on the 16th November.

As PIP is paid four weeks in arrears and the transition of DLA which is three weeks arrears and one in advance - no idea if I will receive my money 16th December (3 weeks) or 23rd December (4 weeks).

I'm in a similar position.

I don't know much about transitioning from dla to pip but if you start get paid pip from 5th November you should get your first payment early December as it is paid 4 weeks in arrears. If dla is paid differently this may mean a bit longer between payments as you go from one to another.

Thanks for info?.

Many thanks 2 amyS&catlover for info,kind regards,gorg.

If you are entitled to PIP from 5 November 2014, the first PIP payment will be made four weeks later (on or around 2 December 2014).

DLA is also paid in arrears - typically three weeks in arrears and one week in advance. This means it is entirely normal for there to be one more DLA payment after PIP entitlement has started, which is DLA owing for the period up to and including the day before PIP starts.

A switch from DLA paid three weeks in arrears and one week in advance to PIP paid four weeks in arrears typically means there is a five week gap between the last DLA payment and the first PIP payment.

Thanks flymo for info,kind regards,gorg.