Thread: PIP - Mandatory Reconsideration

Unhappy PIP - Mandatory Reconsideration

11/10/13 - Applied for PIP
    15/10/14 - Had F2F assessment
    24/10/14 - got letter regarding points 7 for DL and 4 for M so no award.

I looked and saw they have given me 0 for Reading and understanding signs, symbols and words which we didn't talk about too much at the assessment so I asked for a MR and I had my support worker speak to them to tell them about my problems and what she said was recorded and sent alone with my MR request.

My question is would a letter be more valuable or more convincing to the DM then a recorded message of what my support worker said to the person on the phone and do you think having my support worker speak to them will be enough to get me those extra points.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by ChrisAllen95; 11-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.

I haven't heard of anyone sending a recording of a phone call as evidence - I would suggest a letter explaining how your disability affects your ability to carry out the activity along with a letter from a medical professional involved in the treatment of the condition to support your argument (GP, Consultant etc.)
    I would think there's a possibility a recording may be overlooked and not considered.

I'd do everything you can to attempt to swing the reconsideration in your favour, which means making a written submission putting forward all reasonable arguments for more points. As PIP is awarded based on the effect your medical conditions and disabilities have on your ability to carry out the PIP activities, your explanations can make a significant difference.

I recommend reading the post in the sticky PIP thread that covers reconsideration from the heading "Reconsideration" onwards and following all relevant links (which are coloured text to a sighted user - you sound like you might be using a screen reader). This will hopefully help explain the process. It's also worth reading the first few posts in that thread.

There are quite a few people who don't get an award due to lack of points or even no points who then go on via MR to achieve an award
    Its a really useful resource this forum and has been mentioned reading the sticky's and painting a picture.
    With PIP you need to think outside the box and look at the descriptors and match up your problems and conditions to see if they fit its all about being through I have learnt that the hard way never assume the decision maker has a supreme knowledge of your condition make an informed written submission hope this helps .............Paul

Has anybody ever heard of a mandatory reconsideration backfiring.
    Has anybody had their PIP reduced as a result of a mandatory reconsideration.

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by Rob999 View Post
    Has anybody ever heard of a mandatory reconsideration backfiring.
    Has anybody had their PIP reduced as a result of a mandatory reconsideration.

Thank you all
    You've posted this twice.

I recently changed from DLA to PIP. DLA - LRC and HRM. PIP - SRC and SRM. I'm appealing it as I feel I should still receive the Enhanced Mobility.

It will be interesting to find out... (i.e. if someone had there PIP reduced)?

@ChrisAllen - I agree with the other comments.