Thread: ESA/PIP Claim for Mental Health

ESA/PIP Claim for Mental Health

Hello All,

I have posted previously on here and received some great advice which has helped us greatly so big thank you to those who replied to my posts.

We attended a medical assessment on 13th October and on 31st October had received a letter advising my partner has been placed in the support group and we had a nice little back payment ready for Xmas.
    My partner suffers from an undiagnosed Mental Health Issue and depression and anxiety and after reading many stories from people who have had bad experiences when claiming benefits i was quite concerned and ready to put up a fight : but I am pleasantly surprised that we didn't need to worry in the end.

My partner has a PIP assessment on 10th December and I am wondering if anyone has any advice I can take forward to the meeting?

I have requested a copy of the ATOS medical report so I can take it with my to the PIP assessment.

Are the assessments similar? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

It's been a long and hard road - we first claimed ESA & PIP in March 2014 and finally things seem to be happening !

Get as much medical evidence as you can, do not presume they will contact consultants and gps.

I had a DLA to PIP on the 8th October: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...me-visit-today

It was pretty much okay, not too daunting.

Good luck to your partner. Other's here will provide further advice.