Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Prices soon

2015 Prices soon

The new prices should help give an idea of the better purchases for next year. Also we shall see some new cars too.

Always an exciting time of year. This time round I cannot order until April but I shall still watch with keenness as the prices unfold. They have remained fairly static on the whole during the past 18 months or so, certainly on the cars I have been tracking.

I'll do another update, but once again I'll be at my in-laws house in London and so I have to put up with their internet (which is less than 10% the speed of mine), and thus I may get fed up and leave it until I'm back in Preston on the 4th.

I'm not following anything this time around, I'm going to save up and get a nice automatic straight 6 or V8 Jag/Lexus/Mercedes for upto £3k and use what I have saved on Motability on the petrol difference - which at the moment won't be that large a gap as my last fill averaged 33mpg!!
    Last edited by Paul; 12-27-2014 at 02:22 AM.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Sounds a good idea. I usually get up early on new years day to check the prices but as I cannot order until April this time will wait. Having had a 1 series whose fuel consumption has disappointed I will go for a more practical and cheaper car this time with a view to buying outright if PIP does not materialise. Also in the process of moving house so will wait until we are settled in before starting the process of choosing. The Golf, SEAT Leon, Volvo V40, Focus and the new 2015 Astra are all of interest, depending upon prices/depreciation etc. Look forward to seeing the 2015 updates in due course. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'll do another update, but once again I'll be at my in-laws house in London and so I have to put up with their internet (which is less than 10% the speed of mine), and thus I may get fed up and leave it until I'm back in Preston on the 4th.

I'm not following anything this time around, I'm going to save up and get a nice automatic straight 6 or V8 Jag/Lexus/Mercedes for upto £3k and use what I have saved on Motability on the petrol difference - which at the moment won't be that large a gap as my last fill averaged 33mpg!!
    Nice idea. I had a Jaguar XJ V8 3.2 and it was a lovely drive and a lovely place to sit. I'd go for the Sport trim as the suspension is a little soft, although I could keep up and pass my friends Porsche Boxter. The car never gave me any trouble and returned between 18 and 27 mph. It was the car I bought when I left the scheme.
    Last edited by vantage; 12-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

This is a good time of year to negotiate discounts on new cars.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...-launches.html

Only a few hours to go before the prices for 2015 are unveiled.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Only a few hours to go before the prices for 2015 are unveiled.
    All I do is check out the sill height to bottom of floor before looking at anything else in MPVs.

Sill height in a Renault Scenic - 4.9 cm
    Sill height in all other classes and makes of MPV - all about 11.5 cm or more

In imperial measurements that means the sills are over 2 inches higher that creates a trip hazard and inconvenience to people like me with a dropped foot.

However I'm still hanging onto my ex-mobility car as t's still working fine - touch wood!

Prices are here. I see very few changes. Many prices are same.

Just a brief look on the Motability web site, looking at 4wd autos, Honda CR-V spec availability is now down to SE-T, all BMW X1s off the scheme, and Skoda have not reinstated in Superb and Octavia any 4x4s. audi Q3 only available as 2wd.
    Again in automatics,
    BMW are only now showing 1and 2 series cars available.
    Looks like no change to Ford, Mercedes, or Vauxhall availability.

Automatic large cars sits at 38 specs from Skoda, (superb and Octavua) Vauxhall, (insignia and Amperage) Mazda, (6) Seat (Toledo) and VW
    (Down to CC only)

Automatic estates sits at 74 specs from Mazda, Vauxhall, honda, Volvo, Seat, Toyota, Hyundai, Renault, Skoda, VW, And Ford Focus

In total, 628 specs for autos,
    62 specs for semi automatics
    And 1,680 specs for manuals