Thread: ESA Reassessment

ESA Reassessment

When am I likely to have my ESA claim Reassessed? I transferred from incapacity benefit to ESA in October 2013 and on the report it said a return to work in longer term is unlikely (well that's what I think it was) on the original letter it had nothing about being Reassessed.

Anyone got any ideas?

a return to work in longer term is unlikely
    With a 'prognosis' like that you probably have a longer period of recommended claim which can be up to 3 years, but don't be surprised if you don't hear from them in that time. You will continue to get paid as ESA is open ended and eligibility will only stop when/if your found 'Fit for Work' - following any reassessment.

NB: You could ring the number on that letter and ask them, they should have the duration of your award on screen in front of them, if they have all your relevant information.
    Last edited by Jard; 30-12-14 at 13:09.