Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Apprehensive

Very Apprehensive

Getting my new knee tomorrow. Can't wait but terrified at the same time. Needed replacing about 3 years ago but one thing and another health wise got in the way. Just looking forward to pain free walking once it has healed. I want my life as it was back, I know I struggle but my knee has made the struggle even worse. I know it is routine so why do I feel like this?

Good luck for tomorrow my mom had her knee done last september all i'd say is it takes longer than they tell you to get back to normal she is just starting to walk better now. All the best take care

Thank you for the best wishes.

You are welcome i will keep my fingers crossed that it all goes well for you my mom preferred her hip operation to her knee but a few people in at same time sailed through just don't expect miracles we had to go in at 12 she had her op at 6pm she was in birmingham. take care

I have to be there for 7.30 in the morning. Just hope I am 1st on the morning list. Shaking like a leaf now and don't think I will get much sleep.
    Apparently a hip is not as big an operation as a knee. To my mind they are both big ops. Routine big ops.

aw really hope this op gives you back some quality of life for a long long time to come :-)

Thank you Sandy.
    Need to go and get ready, have to be there for 7.30 and am up so I can have plenty of water to drink before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I have to be there for 7.30 in the morning. Just hope I am 1st on the morning list. Shaking like a leaf now and don't think I will get much sleep.
    Apparently a hip is not as big an operation as a knee. To my mind they are both big ops. Routine big ops.
    Thinking of you today Beau and hoping all goes well for you xx

I've missed you unless you're reading at the hospital, beau, but wanted you to know I've read your thread and am thinking about you today. I hope all goes well and understand the inevitable apprehension over imminent surgery.

I have my fingers crossed for a good result, hoping that you will experience better mobility and less pain once your rehabilitation is complete.

Best wishes Beau you will be in my thoughts today xx