Thread: ESA still waiting for decision

Thumbs down ESA still waiting for decision

Hello everyone,

I have been on ESA since june, I had my WCA in the middle of december and their report was recieved by the decision maker on the 17th. I am still waiting for a decision despite being told this would take 6 working days, is this normal or should i start chasing them up?

Thanks

Unfortunatley this is all too normal.

Decisions can take time depending on the circumstances of your claim and the person who told you 6 working days was being overly optimistic.

It depends on how busy the office dealing with your claim is, and dont forget there have just been the christmas / new year holidays to slow things down a bit.

You can of course phone them to ask how things are progressing, but be aware that the person you get through to (after about 12 to 20 mins waiting) is in a call centre and can only tell you what comes up on their screen about your claim, they don't have any influence in the decision process itself.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hello I had mine in September and I just got a decision yesterday 13 weeks later ..it's been with the decision maker dinner October ..I've been out in the work related activity group so I guess they are just back logged

Hi I got my decision yesterday was placed in sg x