Thread: verbally abused today i think

verbally abused today i think

Today my car went in for an mot I collected it this afternoon. I had to walk to get it. I walk with a stick i have a disablity called hemiparises. Anyway i got to garage and reception was on phone. There was another customer there. He turned to me and said "did you have a large energy lunch". I looked and said pardon he repeated it and said well I imagine you have the quickness you came up that road with that stick. I was so shocked i couldn't answer. He walked away mumbling another one swinging the lead. I was so upset. I think im still in a bit of shock. Why can't we lead our lives as best we can without others chipping in. Sorry rant over

Don't get fussed about it.
    He's probably been watching one of those stupid TV programmes made for people with no brains of their own.

It's wrong, but some idiots will always be ignorant.

Unless they get too obnoxious the best thing to do is just forget them.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

rant back

Quote Originally Posted by hemiman View Post
    Today my car went in for an mot I collected it this afternoon. I had to walk to get it. I walk with a stick i have a disablity called hemiparises. Anyway i got to garage and reception was on phone. There was another customer there. He turned to me and said "did you have a large energy lunch". I looked and said pardon he repeated it and said well I imagine you have the quickness you came up that road with that stick. I was so shocked i couldn't answer. He walked away mumbling another one swinging the lead. I was so upset. I think im still in a bit of shock. Why can't we lead our lives as best we can without others chipping in. Sorry rant over
    My answer would be rant back.
    I was in Tesco, in my wheelchair. I got out (I do have SOME mobility) to reach some baked potatos....another bag fell on the floor. Now i can't bend easily, so i left em! Some woman says, "did you just drop them?" "No, they fell off the shelf"
    All perfectly true. she goes ...sigh and picks it up.
    I got back in the chair, behind me and thought no more. 2 mins later, i'm rounding the corner and she comes over "I'm so SORRY! I didn't realise you were disabled.."
    Theres me just gobsmacked! Was the wheelchair behind me not a clue.?
    Sometimes, altho it seems like a pain, it pays to say....well yes I can stand but not walk much or bend easy.

There are always some who can't help displaying their ignorance and insensitivity. Such a display says far more about them than it does about you - though it is hurtful to be on the receiving end.

I hope you feel better soon.

thankyou for your caring replies everyone they have made me feel better

thank you