Thread: A couple of questions on PIP and Blue Badge Scheme

A couple of questions on PIP and Blue Badge Scheme

Hello's again,

Basically, I wonder if anyone can tell me. Following the PIP assessment, to which the assessor gives points, ( don't really understand the points ), would the adjudicator follow these points or make up their own minds on what else was written by the assessor?

Also, I applied for a Blue Badge, about 6 weeks ago through the GOV. website, and have not heard back from them, I have an ID number that I made note of, I have tried to go in and find what happening in the website but its not recognising the number I was given ... Do you think it may be wiser to hold off calling them until I know what the PIP decision is, or maybe reapply if alls good ?

There was another question but its totally popped out of my head now :/ If I remember i'll post it lol

There is an explanation of the rules for entitlement to a Blue Badge without further assessment based on PIP in the sticky PIP thread.

In summary, to be entitled to a Blue Badge without further assessment, you need:
    • 8 points or more on the "moving around" activity, or
    • (people in Scotland and Wales only) 12 points on the "planning and following journeys" activity

If you want to follow up a Blue Badge application you've submitted online, you should contact your council directly.

If you receive a PIP decision that entitles you to a Blue Badge without further assessment before you have undergone a mobility assessment, you should contact your council for advice. Based on previous posts by catlover (who works for a council and has responsibilities include Blue Badges), you might have to withdraw your existing application and make a new one based on PIP, but this is worth doing as it is not in your interests or your council's interests for you to undergo an unnecessary assessment.

Ahhh okay thank you again Flymo, I will have a look at this thread now also