Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Preperation of a car shortlist

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    The Mazda CX-5 back on Motability list, in 2.2D SE L Nav & Sport Nav (FWD Only).
    Excellent addiction. I am not prepared to stretch to £3500ap.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    The task of choosing one's next Motability car is both arduous and complex in nature. One could simply plump for one but to do the whole process justice a great degree of research is required. Sadly the dealers are all closed today, and tomorrow, but thankfully the internet remains open and provides a great deal of information. Once the new prices are released in a weeks time the provisional shortlist can be compared and cross referenced to the available cars and he task of test driving, comparing specifications and looking at cost issues can be explored further. These include advance payments and real life fuel consumption Currently I have a short list of 11 cars which might reduce or increase when we have sight of prices. There does now appear a premium for a diesel powered car as Motability Operations factor in higher depreciation for diesel vehicles.
    I refuse to have another mobility car, had it taken off me twice now, so they can stuff it!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    I refuse to have another mobility car, had it taken off me twice now, so they can stuff it!
    There are a lot of we disabled folk who feel the same way as you I’m sure as myself is awaiting an appeal date because I only scored 10 points in this lottery of a scoring points system.

    Personally I was lucky to have a couple of thousand pounds left from life saving and along with a few grand lent from the bank was able to buy my adapted Motability car and had I not bought it, it would have gone back to the dealer yesterday and I would have been sat here today, up a creek without a paddle never mind a boat.

    It’s no fault of Motability though and I too wonder if I will ever have faith in the system any more should I gain those two points at my appeal and not knowing what low down two face lying coward could be running this country in future where MP’s only thought is how to reduce taxes for the rich and to what Central American bank they can hide their 9% pay rises from the taxman.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    There are a lot of we disabled folk who feel the same way as you I’m sure as myself is awaiting an appeal date because I only scored 10 points in this lottery of a scoring points system.

    Personally I was lucky to have a couple of thousand pounds left from life saving and along with a few grand lent from the bank was able to buy my adapted Motability car and had I not bought it, it would have gone back to the dealer yesterday and I would have been sat here today, up a creek without a paddle never mind a boat.

    It’s no fault of Motability though and I too wonder if I will ever have faith in the system any more should I gain those two points at my appeal and not knowing what low down two face lying coward could be running this country in future where MP’s only thought is how to reduce taxes for the rich and to what Central American bank they can hide their 9% pay rises from the taxman.
    Yes I have seen on here, I couldn’t afford my mobility car, they wanted £9,000, managed an 07 Skoda which was £3,000 last of my savings too, plus borrowed money from a friend and paying back monthly. I live very rural and cannot use public transport, the only time the car is used is when I’m taken to appointments.
    I know it’s not mobility’s fault, but the stress and worry has made me very unwell, as I am sure it has lots of others!

  5. #15
    With indefinite awards now a thing of the past everyone will have to face reassessment and for some this may affect their ability to order a new motability car if they are into the final year.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mzmps View Post
    The Mazda CX-5 back on Motability list, in 2.2D SE L Nav & Sport Nav (FWD Only).
    http://www.mazda.co.uk/offers/mazda-...rVFSYsKxejE.97

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Excellent addiction. I am not prepared to stretch to £3500ap.
    Well, that’s the costs for a pcp deal, nit sure why you think tgat a fully serviced, including tyres, is too expensive when it’s more expensive like for like with a pcp scheme that millins of able and disabled people use

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Honda CR-V a big dissapointment. Loose door trims and uncomfortable seats. Skoda Kodiaq and Karoq also miss out on shortlist. High AP and uninspiring interior, coupled with high fuel consumption and modest performance. Some VW cars to view tomorrow and Toyota RAV4 and a Mitsubishi next week. Still deciding about CLA and GLA class, very high AP. Will probably wait for q2 prices before deciding as am hoping there may be a slightly wider choice. At present the BMW X1 is streets ahead. Lower AP, 4WD, comfy seats, well equipped, good performance and practical with a raised driving position. Mini Countryman also a possibility but as previously discussed lacks climate control. PHEV not too attractive as reports from main dealers say the 25 mile range is nearer 8-10 in reality and once battery's depleted performance can suffer. Charging from a standard electic socket takes hours and given our house and garden layout could become problematic.if it's a Mini therfore it would have to be the highest powered diesel, albeit around £1k of extras would be needed and probably rule it out on costs. The interior is not entirely to my taste either.
    Wow! Yiu find the Kodiaq interior uninspirering but BMW is not??? Badge blindness I think there. BMW interiors, seats and accelerator pedal are awful.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    Yes I have seen on here, I couldn’t afford my mobility car, they wanted £9,000, managed an 07 Skoda which was £3,000 last of my savings too, plus borrowed money from a friend and paying back monthly. I live very rural and cannot use public transport, the only time the car is used is when I’m taken to appointments.
    I know it’s not mobility’s fault, but the stress and worry has made me very unwell, as I am sure it has lots of others!
    The car is a necessity.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Well, that’s the costs for a pcp deal, nit sure why you think tgat a fully serviced, including tyres, is too expensive when it’s more expensive like for like with a pcp scheme that millins of able and disabled people use
    Perhaps you could give us all an example of a pcp cheaper than motability?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •