Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost UC50. Any advice please!

Thx abcd69 n nukecad.
    I will be sending proof of postage only in the future. I just read stories of DWP completely stopping benefits and sending out p45s when they said they didn’t receive the form, just got a bit worried.

Thx again

Sending mine special delivery eight years ago stopped me from losing my benefits as it is fully tracked. Like yours it was missing a signature but from the tracking I could see it went to the right place and building but dwp were having none of it. I was told unless Royal Mail raised it as lost it wasn't.

Royal Mail did raise it as lost and, because of the compensation it would have meant I would have been paid by them. However, it was a technical glitch and the postman/woman hadn't uploaded the signature (back when it wasn't instant upload like now), dwp still refused to accept they had it, so Royal Mail got involved. I was fortunate at the time I had a support worker to help who acted as a witness to all the phone calls that were made and I was able to access emergency funding via their charity.

I'd never risk sending a form to them with anything other than special delivery, it's known it can take seven days from when it's recieved at the centre to go through the system and it to be recorded as recieved. I take a screen shot, which I Mail to them to include with my application as proof it was received (and details on covering letter) so if it is then lost it is their responsibility not mine.

Special delivery is declared lost after two weeks and includes insurance, standard including signed for is something like six weeks.

That's interesting Bekki.
    When I try to track mine it doesn't even say it's reached its destination so not sure what's going on. DWP woman I spoke to said they wouldn't stop my benefits if they hadn't received it, they'd just send me out another form but I know this is crap and they do what they want. The compensation from Royal Mail is only about £40 ( wouldn't even cover my bills for a fortnight). will wait and see what's going on, I've called UC twice in the past week and asked them to make notes on my file saying it's been sent and I have proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    Also the woman at UC I spoke to said they sometimes are sent straight to assessment centres.

IDK, they make it up as they go along.
    They certainly do make it up as they go along, my latest is they can’t read the Doctors letter that was sent get a home visit and can I ring them, I can’t ring due to anxieties, so another letter sent in different format. Hope you get this sorted out ASAP as it is all very worrying.

That's interesting Bekki.
    When I try to track mine it doesn't even say it's reached its destination so not sure what's going on. DWP woman I spoke to said they wouldn't stop my benefits if they hadn't received it, they'd just send me out another form but I know this is crap and they do what they want. The compensation from Royal Mail is only about £40 ( wouldn't even cover my bills for a fortnight). will wait and see what's going on, I've called UC twice in the past week and asked them to make notes on my file saying it's been sent and I have proof.
    Did you send it special delivery or signed for? Special delivery will show how every step it has moved through the network when you put your tracking number in so you should be able to see (roughly) where it last was. Every person who handles special delivery must register doing so. Signed for it literally just a signature at the other end and isn't tracked through the network and isn't insured.

When sending the form special delivery you need to say it is irreplaceable so need maximum insurance that's what I did as the consequences of it not turning up are potential loss of income.

EDIT I don't know if the tracking information disappears if it isn't received. It should remain on the system for 28 days in as much detail as possible.

Honestly these people must be trained in how to make things as difficult as possible for claimants. I hope you get your home visit in the end. I've stated on my form that I want a home visit and want it recorded, not holding my breath though.

I sent it special delivery. The last tracking info I get is that it's out for delivery. It's such a nightmare because it had my psychiatric / psychotherapist and some hospital evidence in it too. It took me ages to fill in the form and I really hope I don't have to do it again. So when you send it SD do you have to state at the time that it's irreplaceable ?

So I had a very interesting chat with a woman from Royal Mail who basically said what nukecad said and that they receive so many letters that they cant sign for everything, she then went on to say why did I think mine should have priority over others lol . She said it probably did get to it’s destination and that I would be receiving a cheque in the post for the fee I paid for the SD. I asked for her name and she then proceeded to hang up on me. I’m pretty sure must have worked for DWP in the past lol

I sent it special delivery. The last tracking info I get is that it's out for delivery. It's such a nightmare because it had my psychiatric / psychotherapist and some hospital evidence in it too. It took me ages to fill in the form and I really hope I don't have to do it again. So when you send it SD do you have to state at the time that it's irreplaceable ?
    If you want to claim compensation yes. Up to a limit its free, I think the limit is about £500. I didn't d gave arguments about it last time as the person in the post office told me it couldn't be worth that it's just paper but actually if you consider the loss of income if they lose it then yes it's irreplaceable, also you'd need to send another. I keep copies so not too difficult but the loss of income is.

So I had a very interesting chat with a woman from Royal Mail who basically said what nukecad said and that they receive so many letters that they cant sign for everything, she then went on to say why did I think mine should have priority over others lol . She said it probably did get to it’s destination and that I would be receiving a cheque in the post for the fee I paid for the SD. I asked for her name and she then proceeded to hang up on me. I’m pretty sure must have worked for DWP in the past lol
    Actually that's only true for signed for they must sign for special delivery, there's no option for them to refuse - that's part of the guarantee you're paying for.